Thread: Boat tips when turning

Default Boat tips when turning

I 3d printed a boat I fitted it out with over powered electronics and took it to the lake it runs a great straight line but whenever I pick up a bit of speed and turn, the boat wants to tip and roll over it may be prop talk or the big batterie i?m running, which is raising the boats centre of gravity by quiet a lot. And I?ve also noticed when turning, the boat wants to stick to one of the boats angles. Someone please help.

Need more info. Hull pics, CG location, setup, etc.

IMG_7731.jpgIMG_7729.jpgIMG_7730.jpg
    here are some pics of the boat if that helps.
    here is a video of the boat running only at 40% power adjusted via endpoints.
    file:///Users/Anthony/Desktop/boat.mov
    Last edited by Anthonyisgood; 12-22-2022 at 06:59 PM.

Looks like the battery is away to far forward. COG should be at 30 % from the transom give or take a few % I use the rectangle skid fins the tear drop fins don't hold the boat that well IMO. Also slow down in the turns , hit the throttle coming out of the turn .

Need more info. Hull pics, CG location, setup, etc.
    These questions need to be answered if we are to provide the OP with meaningful help. Otherwise it’s just a bunch of guesses. The video won’t open for me so no help there.

One thing which does stand out is the strut height. Especially with an “overpowered” boat the strut needs to be higher above the chine. The turn fins need to be in the water when the boat’s at speed, they are kicked back in the photo. Anything else needs the questions above to be answered first.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks guys for all your help. I was also wondering how bad it would be to run my boats in saltwater.

It's the only thing we have to run in here in San Diego. Just flush your cooling system real good with fresh water and rinse off hardware also. If you dunk one , pull the motor, drench , air dry and oil bearings. I have a couple of nicad powered brushed motor boats 33 & 34 years old.Still running fine.