Thread: 120A High Voltage esc, which one ?

Default 120A High Voltage esc, which one ?

I need a set of two 120A HV esc but the choice is very limited, what do you think about the ICE 120A HV esc?

https://www.amazon.sg/Brushless-Supp.../dp/B08H21SJD4

Seaking 130HV, or ZTW 150 HV. The ZTW is physically smaller than the Seaking if space is an issue.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Somebody use this ESC ?

Temp 48159.JPG

Guessing they are cheap. No reviews. Proboat used HobbyWing/Seaking till switching to Spectrum. You can get these here https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...eaking-120-pro

Only One in stock .You could go with the OSE Raider 150, price isn't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    Somebody use this ESC ?
    No, but I have used YEP, the other YGE knockoffs with good success; and now you can't get YEP i have been considering giving Sunrise a go.

I was under the impression that both clones were rebadges of each other, but with the holes it is obviously a different board, also i note that there looks to be a LOT of copper in the board which bodes well.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    No, but I have used YEP, the other YGE knockoffs with good success; and now you can't get YEP i have been considering giving Sunrise a go.

I was under the impression that both clones were rebadges of each other, but with the holes it is obviously a different board, also i note that there looks to be a LOT of copper in the board which bodes well.
    You had success with the YEP? HobbyKing was selling them a while and I had one but I found it difficult to program with the flip page programmer.

----------

There is also the newer FlyColor Kraken ESC's Steve sells the LV version https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...180006-b1b1-01 but there are the HV versions on ALiexpress etc...

They look really nice and I might be wrong but to me it looks like they are using dual driver FETS.

Pricey but they have some new bells and whistles... https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...d=WNjdJncuIspQ
    Nortavlag Bulc

That depends on what you mean by success.
    I don't win lots of races so definitely not by that metric, but I believe that is more down to my below average driving, and lack of spending on things that matter more than the ESCs (some of the winningest drivers in the UK use them, so they are definitely capable of race winning success).
    They are however capable of making my boats competitively fast at a level where I expect them to be and are reliable which is a success to me.

The flip page programmer isn't intuitive to use and baring only transmitter stick/trigger programming it is the method that is the worst to use, and thy don't have any form of datalogging, but think they are also the cheapest ESC on the market that has asynchronous rectification (AKA active freewheeling,ice tech,etc), so are efficient, and I haven't amassed a huge pile of dead ones like I did when I could afford to run Castles with their super convenient PC programming and excellent datalogging features; given the infrequency of programming and that I have been doing this for enough years to know roughly what to expect from a setup degrading the utility of datalogging, their better reliability and efficiency than old castles, and the bulk/weight of new castles I prefer them especially given the price difference.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.