Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheetah xl - hull problem??

Hi Koen,
    Thanks for the prop info. I have to fix the bottom first. Our club rules say I need to use a 40 mm x 92 mm motor. Any KV that I want, running on two 3 s battery packs in series or one 6 s pack . I am presently using a Castle hydra XLX 2 ESC.
    Do you have a recommendation on the KV.

Hi Shawn,
    Thank you fro responding. I found three of the ride pads are way off. Two on the right side are low by about an 1/8'' and the middle one on the left side is low. I will be fixing them over the winter months.
    Also I found that the factory installed my battery trays in the wrong place. This is a single motor XL Cheetah and the mounted the trays as far forward as the could. I have moved them back about half way to the transom but that is not enough to get my balance (CG) correct.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHN BOCCHER View Post
    Hi Shawn,
    Thank you fro responding. I found three of the ride pads are way off. Two on the right side are low by about an 1/8'' and the middle one on the left side is low. I will be fixing them over the winter months.
    Also I found that the factory installed my battery trays in the wrong place. This is a single motor XL Cheetah and the mounted the trays as far forward as the could. I have moved them back about half way to the transom but that is not enough to get my balance (CG) correct.
    that can definitely hurt top speed by a few miles per hour. I highly doubt it would hurt by the -20 mph you are running. Data log would tell a lot. Learning how to read, post, interpret that should be priority #1 right now in my opinion.

Hi Guys, I am getting ready to work on the bottom of my XL cheetah steps. They are all off and in some cases a lot. I am looking for the lengths of the ride pads and the steps from a standard 34'' Cheetah. If any body has one could you do me a favor and measure the length from the bow to the first step. then the length from the first step to the second step and so on .

The standard cheetah only has two steps like very other cat that I have ever seen. Why is the XL Cheetah different with three. These dimensions would be very help full so I can do the math
    Thank you in advance.

Hi John,

Seems like there has always been a discussion about the Cheetah ride pads originating with the 34 incher, causing what can be described as wet running. Some well respected boaters here on OSE have talked about possible bottom distortion during production. I personally must have lucked out with my 34 inch hull (which was a birthday present from the guys at Fightercat). Runs pretty nice :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cl5ebHR6wR4&t=9s

Here's the bottom dimensions :

acheetah1b.jpg acheetah1a.jpg
    Last edited by properchopper; 12-15-2023 at 05:09 PM.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12