Thread: raider esc wiring

Default raider esc wiring

I have a stock V2 and thinking about upgrading to the raider 150a esc. Will it wire up to my stock motor wires ?
    Also it comes with just 1 feed plug so is this what I need to run two batteries ? Looks like the adapter wires are 12 gauge

The stock ESC in the sonicwake is wired with two connectors for a series connection, so that when you plug in two 3S packs, you get 6S voltage. The harness you've pictured is a parallel harness, and is used to connect two packs together in parallel to essentially double your run time, not voltage.

You will need two new battery connectors to solder on to the power leads of your Raider ESC, as well as a small section of wire to link the two. The ESC red power wire goes to + terminal on the first battery connector. The ESC black power wire goes to the - terminal of the second battery connector. Then approximately a 3" piece of similar gauge wire is used to link the remaining two terminals of both battery connectors to complete the circuit. It will look exactly like the stock ESC is wired when you're finished.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Trying to find other options because my soldering skills are weak. Would this adapter work ?s-l64.jpg

I cannot tell what type of connectors are on that harness, but, it is a series harness. Yes, that is the style you would use on an ESC wired with a single connector if you wanted to run two packs in series.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

thanks for the input !

Soldering skills are weak. Not all that hard to get to master it. If you are going to get into boats, it will come up time and time again. Buy a decent
    iron of at least 60 to 70, a chisel tip, some connectors of the size and style
    You use, and a foot or two of the gage of wire on your batteries and speed
    control. Probably 10 gage. Sit down and start to practice. The beauty is that
    as you screw things up, you can unsolder it and start over again without any waste and do it over and over again. It helps to have something to hold your work still. A jig, a clamp, myself I have good luck using a needle nose
    set of vice grips. Infintally adjustable to any size or tension needed. In short order you will be able to make any style adapter you need.

Thank you for helping my confidence level, I'll dig out the soldering iron and give it some practice.

Order the proper adapter from OSE when you purchase the ESC . EzPy.

OSE has a video of an alternate method to put 2 packs in series. Can't find it right now. It eliminates the extra connectors of these harnesses however it may not work in every hull configuration.
    Nortavlag Bulc

OSE has a video of an alternate method to put 2 packs in series. It eliminates the extra connectors of these harnesses however it may not work in every hull configuration.

Check this out and other informative videos on Steve's channel

Nortavlag Bulc

Thanks for the vid, seems to not work with EC5 connectors