Thread: Proboat Shockwave 26 motor Aluminum mount

Default Proboat Shockwave 26 motor Aluminum mount

Does anyone know of an Aluminum Motormount available to replace the original plastic mount that would space the motor further away from the stuffing tube mount to allow a longer coupler. I'm converting to a pianowire flex drive and need some extra room and to stiffen up the flex from the factory mount. Also anyone know of a coupler 5mm motor to 2mm .078" that is aproximately 25 mm long. The one in the picture is way too big and the shortest Octura one is 32 mm long.

Thanks
    Cal
    Attached Images Attached Images

TFL has a big choice of motor mounts, OSE sells them they have also the coupler

Default Motor mount for Shockwave 26

Thanks Koen
    I could not find a mount that was bolt in so i got the Dremel out and Fabricated one allowing the space neede to use the longer coupler

The Octura coupler that Steve from OSE recommended worked with the 5mm motor shaft and 2mm wire drive.
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks good and strong

Kintec used to sell an upgraded motor mount for this application. Guess what, it looked exactly like the one you just made yourself. Nice work.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks fweasel. I saw a post with Kintec's mount and i was trying o find one. I don't know if they are still in business. Fortunately the Factory mount is at a 90? angle so made it from an piece of Aluminum 90? Angle "iron". The tough part was getting the mounting holes right especially to align it properly for a wire drive. Someone with a CAD program could easily design and sell it as an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by CalvinVllaun View Post
    Thanks fweasel. I saw a post with Kintec's mount and i was trying o find one. I don't know if they are still in business. Fortunately the Factory mount is at a 90? angle so made it from an piece of Aluminum 90? Angle "iron". The tough part was getting the mounting holes right especially to align it properly for a wire drive. Someone with a CAD program could easily design and sell it as an upgrade.
    Sadly, the owner of Kintec passed away a number of years ago and they're no longer in business. I had one of their mounts in my Shockwave and was going to suggest you make your own before I read the rest of the replies and saw that you beat me to the idea.

2016-10-08 10.32.35.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)