Thread: Looking for Prop Suggestions for an MHZ Majestic 5000 44.88 inch boat

Default Looking for Prop Suggestions for an MHZ Majestic 5000 44.88 inch boat

Hi All,
    Recently finished building a boat based on an MHZ Majestic 5000 44.88 hull and looking for prop suggestions. Its a twin, so it would need to be a prop that has a reversed spinning counterpart. I am not great at cutting, so anything that would be of proper diameter as is would be great.

Thanks

Do you mean a MHZ Mystic 114? If so, what kv are your motors, how many cells, and what are your goals for the boat?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Do you mean a MHZ Mystic 114? If so, what kv are your motors, how many cells, and what are your goals for the boat?
    45 inch boat (technically 44.88), starting out with a 6s battery to each esc but will eventually add another 6s to each esc once i get practice driving it, TP power 4070 1700kv motor on each side, ESCs capable of up tp 15s/300 AMP.

Goal is speed runs.

Thank you for your help.

Mitch

On 6S, you can start with a set of Octura 447 counter rotating props, spinning inwards. They will be plenty fast enough and allow you to dial in the placement of your batteries and trim angle. When you want to go faster, you can step up to ABC 1815's and increase pitch to 1816, or 1817 as your driving skills, water conditions, and electrical temps allow.

As for batteries, 6S is a pretty typical voltage for the MHZ 114 cat (I assume that's the hull you've built) but 1700kV is a little low for a speed run SAW setup. It would be more suited for 8S per ESC for the highest performance potential. You won't be able to run 6S2P, not enough room under the deck and too heavy for the hull. Again, that's what I assumed you meant when you said you plan to add another 6S to each ESC. 6S for sport running, 8S for SAW on a 1700kV motor setup.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

are you talking about eventually running 12s to each 1700kv motor? that's just going to end up in a lot of smoke.

this size hull is perfect for 6-8s setup. I have two at the moment although HPR's and not MHZ, they are the same size.

One did circa 120mph / 200km/h with it's previous (very experienced owner) on 6s 2300KV motors. my other boat has done 110mph on 8s on 1700kv motor's and was still accelerating when I backed out, never had the bottle to run it on 8s since. It's my original HPR from 10 + years ago and don't fancy smashing it up running it on 8s, 6 / 7s its plenty fun still.

Props I have X447, X457 (cut to 52mm) and ABC 2016

I'd be careful with using a MHZ for speed runs without reinforcement, I've heard some horror stories about poor layups lately.

look into longer drives if you really want to speed run with one of these.
    Hpr 06 / 09 / 150 /185, Mhz Skater H45 hydro.
    Uk SAW record holder