Thread: Dual motor ESC's

Default Dual motor ESC's

Its been some time since I've been on but the itch is back. I've built some pretty worthy hulls but have yet to see a single ESC capable of running twin motors. Any info out of MGM, Etti or any of the current manufacturers creating something? Anyone seen anything worthy of a try?
    "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective"
    45"Speedfreek
    , Fightercat #068 ​, MyYoutube Vids

The only one I've seen is the Flier dual esc. It's just 2 esc's back to back with only one radio lead. Not worth a try.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Not aware of one, dual single ESC are the best.

Worthy hulls demand worthy electronic setups, i.e. one ESC per motor.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    Worthy hulls demand worthy electronic setups, i.e. one ESC per motor.
    Agreed!

I've used the 300A Fightercats from back in the day, heck almost 10 years ago now. Then a couple of MGM 40063-3 X2's with the best of success. I've recently acquired another Fightercat hull and with space and weight in mind, I was considering/hoping using a dual ESC. I was hoping that with the progress of technology, one would have come up with one by now for those of us that prefer dual motor setups. Looks like I'll have to research a bit more. I do like the new Castle's as they look to be a little smaller in length than the old Fightercat ESC's and a bit cheaper than the MGM's. Thanks for the input gentleman. Always good to get some input from the crew.
    45"Speedfreek

If its a smaller rivercat, you can try the smaller Castle MMX8s ESC's. Awesome little ESC. I run a pair of them in my 37" MBP Outerlimits.

PXL_20220814_153438176.jpg
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by fweasel View Post
    If its a smaller rivercat, you can try the smaller Castle MMX8s ESC's. Awesome little ESC. I run a pair of them in my 37" MBP Outerlimits.

PXL_20220814_153438176.jpg
    Thats a very tidy setup there. Did you make the custom cooling plates yourself? I have one of the original 37" Fightercat's in CF. This one recently popped up about 2 months ago for a good price so I knabbed it up to make another. I bought 2 of them years ago from Ben, built them up and ran them for a year or two and then sold them off. I'm trying to get ahold of an HPR C5009 from another member but funds are the issue. If he still has it in a month or so, I'll grab that one and have two winter projects to work on.
    45"Speedfreek

The only one I know is the ALIEN 300A 3-12S BOAT ESC TWIN

https://alienpowersystem.com/shop/es...t-esc-hv-twin/

The Alien along with the Fightercat, are rebadged Flier Twin ESCs.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

I have been enjoing my Castle XLX2 esc's in my twin rigger as much as I have drove it no problems yet. They have ran flawless.
    IMG-3274.jpgIMG-3275.jpg
    Randy
    For ABS, Fiberglass, Carbon hulls and Stainless hardware
    BBY Racing

Quote Originally Posted by jj2003 View Post
    Thats a very tidy setup there. Did you make the custom cooling plates yourself? I have one of the original 37" Fightercat's in CF. This one recently popped up about 2 months ago for a good price so I knabbed it up to make another. I bought 2 of them years ago from Ben, built them up and ran them for a year or two and then sold them off. I'm trying to get ahold of an HPR C5009 from another member but funds are the issue. If he still has it in a month or so, I'll grab that one and have two winter projects to work on.
    Thanks. Gabe and Stump Fab makes the cooling plates for the MMX8 ESC's. Castle recently released the XLX2 as a water cooled ESC, so hopefully they'll add a high voltage 12S model to the line-up as well.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Nice cooling set up for those motors!