Thread: New guy

Default New guy

New guy here, I've been lurking around on the forum here a while. I've been into RC cars for years, particularly on road speedrun cars but I'm new to boats. I just picked up a Proboat Ul-19 and Blackjack 42, and ran them for the first time on Sunday. I had a great time, both boats ran perfectly with no issues as I had done all my prerun maintenance and checks like greasing shafts and checking screws. The UL-19 did get a bit hot when I ran it on 6s after only a couple minutes but it was a pretty quick and did 61mph on 6s completely stock. The Blackjack 42 on 8s did 58mph, but looked like it was running very low in the front, even at full throttle it wouldn't blow over so I maybe had the strut adjusted a little too low, Ill raise it a tiny bit and see if I gain some speed. These speeds are fun but ultimately I want to go faster.. For the past couple of years I have been building and running RC speedrun cars, I have 6 cars that have been over 130mph and 2 that have been over 150mph, a few pics of some of my speedrun cars and the boats are below. I love the idea of making anything RC faster and will enjoy this journey into RC boats!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome to the club. Those are some badass looking cars. If I had somewhere to run them, I would probably branch out to something like that too.

The stock prop on the UL19 is more of a 4S prop and will definitely run hot on 6S, so be careful. The manual suggests propping down for 6S.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Nice car's ! I got a Limitless and haven't broke 100 yet but did do a back flip at 75 and landed back on all wheels and kept going. Also have a Kraton EXB, lots of fun and dogs Love to chase it.

You can get hooked on boats too, I have a 30 year old Lap Cat that's electric, 36" Miss Geico and Vector SR80 Pro. With high winds here in West Texas the boats have a mind of their own lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Racingjake View Post
    Nice car's ! I got a Limitless and haven't broke 100 yet but did do a back flip at 75 and landed back on all wheels and kept going. Also have a Kraton EXB, lots of fun and dogs Love to chase it.

You can get hooked on boats too, I have a 30 year old Lap Cat that's electric, 36" Miss Geico and Vector SR80 Pro. With high winds here in West Texas the boats have a mind of their own lol.
    Oh yes, I'm familiar with the RC speedrun blowover then backflip.. Its pretty spectacular when it happens over 120 mph lol.. But you can tune it out with proper suspension and chassis setup. As far as the boat addiction, oh yea its already underway I've got my eye on a few other boats I'll be acquiring soon..

Welcome Notoriousone. You're from over on the Arrma forum right? Thought I recognized the cars. Cats and Hydros are pretty spectacular when they flip. OSE store has upgrade parts for the 19 and I'll recommend DASBOATA http://www.dasboata.com/?i=1 for props.

Thanks, yes I'm on the Arrma forum.. I spend a lot of time there, its a good forum with good members that will help out with knowledge and information to better the hobby for everyone

welcome buddy! seen you on the arrma forums too. Nice boats!
    DYMotorshop 29er (BUILD) | ProBoat BlackJack 24 (52.2mph) | ProBoat Stealthwake 23 (31.9mph) | Noodle Recovery Barge (6.6mph) | ProBoat JetJam (BUILD)

So anyone else here in the Los Angeles/Valley area? Where do you guys run your boats? I'm running at the Hansen Dam Aquatic center in Pacoima on weekends, they have a decent sized pond that can handle 60 or 70mph boats and not too many people there either

Soooo.... How fast have you gotten that Tug Boat up to???

Quote Originally Posted by Rookieboater View Post
    Soooo.... How fast have you gotten that Tug Boat up to???
    Lol the Horizon tug is up to a blazing 3mph, verified with the SkyRC gps.. perfect speed for a rescue boat.. I love that thing, it has rescued my and friends boats 4 or 5 times now and its fun doing it. As for the others, the UL-19 is at 64mph, the Blackjack 42 is at 62mph, and the Miss Geico 36 on old 4s packs is at 67mph. It gained a full 10mph with Dasboata props, once the 6s packs for it arrive and are on there it should hit 80 or above if I can keep it on the water

I have been looking at that tug for a while. They used to be 249.00 from Horizon now 450.00 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    I have been looking at that tug for a while. They used to be 249.00 from Horizon now 450.00 !!!
    Agreed, $450 is too much for it. I paid $285 for mine from ebay, discounted because the 40amp esc/receiver was missing but otherwise new.. I paid $50 for the same Specktrum esc from ebay and used my own radio and it works great.