Thread: helip on 19 in mini hydro

Default helip on 19 in mini hydro

i found a set of drawings on a site i have since lost. this is a kneeler style 3 point boat and i have a ose mini outboard question is proper depth to mount motor. the other thing is with battery and speed esc placed fully forward i will need about 8oz balast in the nose to balance on rear of sponsons.where would be the correct cog on this type boat. tks AL

I don't know that specific boat, but the bottom of the strut level with the bottom of the sponsons, and CoG 10-15% of the afterplane behind the sponsons wouldn't be a bad place to start.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by NativePaul View Post
    I don't know that specific boat, but the bottom of the strut level with the bottom of the sponsons, and CoG 10-15% of the afterplane behind the sponsons wouldn't be a bad place to start.
    thanks for the help but bieng new to this not sure what afterplane behind the sponsons means.tks al

The afterplane is the area between the plaining surfaces, so the distance from the back of your sponsons to the prop, you typically want the CoG at 10-15% of that distance as measured from the back of the sponsons.
    Untitled.jpg
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

thank you very much for your drawing and info. this should certainly help with my balance .tks AL