Thread: WTB Water cooling rings for outrunner motors.

Default WTB Water cooling rings for outrunner motors.

Those parts look like this, thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow I did not know them make these. Do you know the supplier if so please pm me thx

Something similar could be made out of 1/4" thick aluminum stock, They don't have to be round.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Round water cooling rings are great with those motor mounts, if a compagny make them it' s the jackpot,
    3 size are necessary: for 380, 500 and 600 outrunner motors. 30mm, 40mm and 50mm outside diameter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Alfa Spirit; 12-31-2022 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    Round water cooling rings are great with those motor mounts, if a compagny make them it' s the jackpot,
    3 size are necessary: for 380, 500 and 600 outrunner motors. 30mm, 40mm and 50mm outside diameter.
    I wonder if MBP makes those for the TFL Cheetah as well. I tried checking their website, says that the shop is down for maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by tbonemcniel View Post
    I wonder if MBP makes those for the TFL Cheetah as well. I tried checking their website, says that the shop is down for maintenance.
    MBP has been on the way out for several years. I believe its actually official now.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

With so many inrunners to choose from why outrunners? I like them myself however their efficiency is not always that great and there are not many sea worthy (Amp worthy) of the job.

Suppo outrunners are still out and about but their prices have gone silly high.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Here?s the only one I could find at TFL.
    https://rcgenesis.net/motor-mount-w-water-cooling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Spirit View Post
    Those parts look like this, thanks.
    That's a simple design and any machinist could make them for you. Try contacting Franz Spannegal on Facebook.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Quote Originally Posted by ray schrauwen View Post
    With so many inrunners to choose from why outrunners? I like them myself however their efficiency is not always that great and there are not many sea worthy (Amp worthy) of the job.

The magnets are on larger diameter with outrunner motor, those motors have high torque, incredible.

Default Outrunner

Outrunner ,
    There on every heli and drone made . All the manned drone have them. They like all motors are water proof. The torque in our 700 and 800 heli is unreal.

SUPPO outrunner motors are awesome, strong magnets, large ball bearings and they are very well made.
    MITOOT is the original brand, SUPPO are rebranded MITOOT motors. Anyway all size and all kV are available here :

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32996...79444004%21rec

I know. I have a pair of 3120- 2200kv motors coming. I chose the smaller can because it was a more efficient than the 3126- 2200kv.

Sadly, after this purchase I will be putting a halt to any buying RC stuff direct from China. The free shipping is not free, it costs western business a lot of money and is THE main reason shipping prices are so high domestically and for us to ship to them. Chinese sellers when offering free shipping get subsidized. I didn't know this until recently.

It's a great deal at the expense of western established business.
    Nortavlag Bulc