Thread: Problems with swordfish pro 220 a -6s esc ?

Default Problems with swordfish pro 220 a -6s esc ?

Hi all i am running a ML boats 34 inch Wild thing mono on 6s with a TP 4050 1330 kv 5y motor 6 mm bullet plugs swinging a x646 prop with the Swordfish pro 220A-6s esc .While running the boat on the weekend about a minute in to the run the boat stopped upon checking both esc and motor where about 75 degrees barely warn and no burning smell of any kind . I plugged in another esc and the motor worked fine . I am guessing this set up should not draw more than 200 amps . Are the 6mm bullet plugs to small ? Flex shaft turns freely . What suggestions for a replacement esc ? Regards Andris Golts.

Prop, cell type and configuration??
    Nortavlag Bulc

I recently ran one of these escs in a ML RSX310 rigger on 4S 1P 6500mah, 1716 prop. It ran well being it's been beat to S**T caps replaced cause I killed the original ones when I crash it and my Cheetah in MI years back.
    A mono is a higher load but you should get better than a minute with cold electronics.
    Nortavlag Bulc

ZTW 200, or a castle hydra xlx2 if you want to spend the extra.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

I found that the 220A -6s ESC to be very overrated on it's stated performance. I failed several at lower than 200A setups.

The Castle X8S would be a good mid size 300A 8S capable ESC. If you wanted the Cadillac solution go with the new Hydra XLX2.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Thanks to all for your input i will have to look into the Castle esc. Regards Andris Golts.

They are an odd one that’s for sure I have one running 4s no problem. The one thing I did notice was they seem limited to 255 amps. Every time I run it will say max amps is 255 yet when I put the castle in I recorded a little higher amps and I gained more mph.
    :canada