Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TSP Jolly Cat Assembly

Default TSP Jolly Cat Assembly

Even though this isent a build in the true sence I figured you guys will enjoy the process. I am on my way back out to the bench for the first time in weeks. It will take me longer to get things organised than to do what I had planned today. I will have some pictures up in a bit. I am regaining some peace of mind. It's allowing me to begin relaxing again.:)

I wish i could get me one of those hulls cant wait on the pic........

Post up them PICS!!

We want to see!!

Not much to see yet really. I just got the bullet connectors pulled off the 7xl and started soldering them on the 11xl. I await delivery of the cooling blocks I need to upgrade the cooling system on the esc. I also need to order a 5mm thrust bearing some more shrink ect. Doing that tonight.

cant wait to see that beautiful little baby
    60% of the time... it works every time!

Default Issues

I am slowly workin my way out to the bench now.....I may even sit down & work tonight....I keep getting some wierd type of post traumatic stress syndrome when I start workin on the boats . The last 6 weeks have really screwed me up..... That being said...I am down...but I am far from out

I keep putting that white jolly in my cart, then removing it... lol
    I want it, but... darn that $500
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I would love to buy that White Triton.....With a nice set of the SpeedMaster hardware. But I don't have the cash or the time. Mabe this winter:)

I mention the white jolly on OSE, and now it's gone. Who snatched it?
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

i bought it to run it over with my 1/6 scale truck. i got bored crushing 1/10 cars.

lol :D
    Can I have the pieces when you're done with it? :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Diegoboy View Post
    I mention the white jolly on OSE, and now it's gone. Who snatched it?
    A customer that has a yellow Jolly already! I don't think he's been on the board. But I posted some of his video a while back and he has pictures in the ose gallery.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

That cat is fast. Guy is in texas I think. He drives it like a dragster...lol. Drops off plane to turn it then guns it down the pond.

Exclamation Super Cooled Hex 120

Well I made it out to my bench today. I still don't believe it myself. I may not be done yet either. So I took my hex apart and added some proper cooling. With 16 cells and the 11XL I am going to be drwaing some amps. This time I did it right. I removed the aluminum spacers from in between the inboard fets. I took a set of OSE cooling plates, used to capton thermal tape, slid them through opsite sides of the esc and the fit perfect. I put an MHZ water cooling block on the top fets. For the lower fets I removed the spacer, and installed a fan to blow across them and move the heat out of the shrink wrap. The S-BEC is shrink wrapped up in the package also. I now have to go to MHZ and het one of the carbon fiber flush mount 0 drag dual 4mm water intakes. Im going to install in on the verry back of the right sponsen. This way the OSE plates, MHZ block and motor all all independant. In case of a clog I dont blow the whole system. I think I may go back out and install the motor and start on the electrics tonight.

looks good....be impossibe to overheat it now...
    saleens7, the wookie of rc boating

Never say never.

if i buy one of these esc can i send it to you.....

Hammer I really couldent get it back to you in a reasonable time frame. I was suposed to do a couple for someone else and didnt because of my lack of free time. It is quite simple. I would be willing to coatch you through one. :).

So did you get those blocks from me or did you have to buy them. I sent them priority. well my wife did.

So those wont be waterproof either then, is it possible to use like silicone to seal the ends. it would defeat your cooling fan but if you didnt use the fan would that be ok?

I gotem....Thanks a mill. Water proofing these is not really possible unless you have some type of potting epoxy. I have gotten this unit wet 4 times. Dryed it out each time and it's been fine. No worries.

I got the motor in, received paced and esc placment worked out. I'll try and clean up the wiring and get some cooling run tomorrow and tuesday night. MrsSjfe is off for 6 days:D after tuesday night. The equipment will collect dust untill she goes back next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mich. Maniac View Post
    So those wont be waterproof either then, is it possible to use like silicone to seal the ends. it would defeat your cooling fan but if you didnt use the fan would that be ok?
    some silicon has acid in it and it can destroy the etchings on the boards. use conformal coatings or the special epoxy.

I am back to work tonight. I hope to knock the rest of the work out. Maybe even get a test in this weekend.

wooooohooooooo

Not much going on with this. The heat has me exhausted & sick @ night. The AC is down in the machine and I was told it's not being replaced any time soon. It was 115 degrees in the cab today...111 yesterday. Lost 6 pounds in 2 days. I have written it up as a saftey issue incase I pass out @ the controls. It's going to be a long summer. This blows

Last night I got the esc mounted, servo installed, rudder bracket bolted on and the cooling system finished. Tonight I have to prep the supervee for shipping. If I have time left over I may get her finished for a wednesday test.

Thumbs up 99% done.

Well the pictures show it all. I just have to pick up the right servo horn. Velcro the battery trays and set up the radio. That is an octura v series 3 blade. I may get her in the water Wednesday :D.

Attached Images Attached Images

tom, shes awesome looking-when ya gonna give her away(jk):D

Quote Originally Posted by SJFE View Post
    Not much going on with this. The heat has me exhausted & sick @ night. The AC is down in the machine and I was told it's not being replaced any time soon. It was 115 degrees in the cab today...111 yesterday. Lost 6 pounds in 2 days. I have written it up as a saftey issue incase I pass out @ the controls. It's going to be a long summer. This blows
    Dude I feel for you, I work around a prefab concrete kiln somtimes its around 120 degrees in the building, I go outside to cool off, not much difference since its 100 degrees today. I hate summer so bad I actually look forward to fall and winter.

The jolly looks great! what motor you have in it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast