Thread: Help me choose the right catamaran

Default Help me choose the right catamaran

Hi. I was hoping some experienced boaters could help me choose my first twin catamaran. Usage will probably be 50/50 bashing/speedrun. If possible preferable a boat that can run in the 80s mph with only prop switch. RTR or with hardware and strong enough out of the box to handle said usage without having to do reinforcement preferable. I have been looking at dyms new zonda (double layer), Proboat miss geico, and TFL Cheetah (carbon). What are your thoughts and do better options come to mind? Thanks to anyone wanting to help.

the tfl cheetah is an very good hull( also as XL)and good hardware ,you can go for rtr or hardware only then you can ad your motors of choice , look ad the OSE website

I’m new, so maybe I’m wrong, but…. 80mph is a seriously fast boat. I would think getting there would be a lot of work for any hull, and doing it with a just a prop change isn’t realistic.

If I don’t know what I’m talking about, just tell me to shut up.

Thank you very much for the reply. Would you say the rtr hardware is good enough or is there much gained from picking yourself? If you have tried both normal and xl what would you say are the pros / cons going one way or another? Carbon or fiberglass Thank you again.

the hardware is good but if you have a hull only you have a choice like speed master(at OSE)if you live in europe then MTC is the very best(at MHZ.de)the cheetah 34 can be driven with a single motor, witch saves money and is still fast and turn on a dime ,the XL is beter as a twin bottom line they ara both good hulls and money is the factor how much you want to spend ,high speeds cost a lot

Thank you so much for your time and help. Much appreciated. Tempted to go xl :)