Thread: Mystic C5000-new build need some advice

Default Mystic C5000-new build need some advice

I'm moving up from my 36" ProBoat Thunder Cat that is way oversized for motors and batteries for any good turning ability running with the 8S dual setup. I'm also moving up in size from my Miss Geico's which I have two of, 1 totally stock and 1 with TP power and Seaking 180's

I bought this Mystic hull from a local guy who had it and did not build it. Looking for some suggestions as I'm not looking to recreate the wheel here.

Anyone have a tried a true setup for this? I prefer to stay 3S2S a side as that makes batteries easier due to having two of those setups already. I do however have the smaller cat that is way over powered that I could use the 4S2S batteries on if that is the best route. The Thunder Cat has two Castle 240ice ESC's but one has a bad control board according to Castle tech support. I could source a second 240ice and use those...?

A recent jetski racing accident which required surgery has me only able to do bench racing and my surgeon actually recommended something that doesn't beat up my 52 year old body so here I am. I raced the gas boats competitively in Ohio/Michigan 15 years ago and once I visited my local hobby shop they turned me onto the fast electric stuff. I still have the mill/lathe that could be brought out of retirement....
    Attached Images Attached Images

What size hull is the mystic?

If this hull is a Mystic 114 a typical setup is 2 x 6S or 2 x 7S.

1140mm or 44.88"
    I see MHZ sells a complete hardware kit for $812 plus shipping. I wonder if OSE can get that or something similar?

just ask steven for parts, can save a lot of money

Kent at CCFP (custom carbon fiber parts) makes a nice set of drives, rudder, and rudder stand off for that hull. He also does the carbon pieces for the interior too, motor mounts, servo mount, lipo trays. All depends on what you're looking to spend, or not spend.

As for a power plant... are you setting this up for SAW passes or sport running with longer run times? If you're hoping to reuse the 3S packs, you'd wire them in series to make 6S on each side, running a total a four packs. You can do the same with 4S packs, wired in series to make 8S per side, four packs total. You'd need to make sure you've got the room to slide two 4S packs under the deck, depending on their size/capacity.
    Last edited by fweasel; 09-11-2022 at 09:05 PM.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

CCFP hardware is very nice with small hexa screws, price is very nice too ...