Thread: TP-Power TP3640-2600KV-Open-5F Motortiming seaking 180AMP

Default TP-Power TP3640-2600KV-Open-5F Motortiming seaking 180AMP

Hi All!

i have a question, does anybody know what the correct timing setting is for a TP3640-2600KV- with a 5F winding in combination with a Seaking 180amp.

thanx in advance!

best regards

Dennis

good place to start....15 degrees. It should be a "Y" wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrdennis1979 View Post
    Hi All!

i have a question, does anybody know what the correct timing setting is for a TP3640-2600KV- with a 5F winding in combination with a Seaking 180amp.

thanx in advance!

best regards

Dennis
    What is this 5F winding you speak of? Windings can only be Delta (D) or Wye (Y).

A TP 3640 2600kv is a 3Y winding, which means it will generally prefer higher timing. However, 15* might be too much. I typically set my Y wound motors at around 8* to start, make a run logging temperature and speed, then incrementally increase timing until temperature begins to rise to the point where it's not worth whatever extra mph (if any) it brings. At that point, back off to the previous setting.

Quote Originally Posted by tbonemcniel View Post
    What is this 5F winding you speak of? Windings can only be Delta (D) or Wye (Y).

A TP 3640 2600kv is a 3Y winding, which means it will generally prefer higher timing. However, 15* might be too much. I typically set my Y wound motors at around 8* to start, make a run logging temperature and speed, then incrementally increase timing until temperature begins to rise to the point where it's not worth whatever extra mph (if any) it brings. At that point, back off to the previous setting.

Ok thanx! great explanation thanx!

The webshop of tp where i buy it here in europe says that it is a 5F

https://tppower.de/epages/bd5f179c-6...3640_2600KVo5f

But i will give it a try with the settings and make some measurements of the temperature

thanx!

TP advice for d and y motors is a 0" timing

Quote Originally Posted by koen View Post

Thanx! will try it out!

That may be what they advise...their way of being safe. You might get more run time and cooler temperatures. But to get the most power out of the motor without burning the house down...starting at somewhere between 10 and 15 degrees with a "Y" wind and the correct prop you'll have more fun. Just saying..............

Quote Originally Posted by EddieM41 View Post
    That may be what they advise...their way of being safe. You might get more run time and cooler temperatures. But to get the most power out of the motor without burning the house down...starting at somewhere between 10 and 15 degrees with a "Y" wind and the correct prop you'll have more fun. Just saying..............
    Thanx Ed, will start low, and look at the temps, i'm running dasboata props for my IMPULSE 32 & ZONDA R, the zonda will also get an upgrade 2 TP3650-2350kv

these motors can pull a lot of amps(look at tppower.de you can see full spec of these motors ,max amp 264)if you go for a lower kv you can pull bigger props and stil stay cool and lower amps ,these motors are for saw not for racing

It says 3Y. Think the 5 = 5mm shaft. Scroll down the page a little bit to the specs. First spec is Winds , 3Y

these motors can pull a lot of amps(look at tppower.de you can see full spec of these motors ,max amp 264)if you go for a lower kv you can pull bigger props and stil stay cool and lower amps ,these motors are for saw not for racing
    What are you talking about? Of my like 15 boats I think it is currently, all but 3 have TP motors in them. They all oval race perfectly.

The only thing I agree with in this post if larger props on lower kV. The rest is flat out wrong.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)