Hi guys,

Ive recently entered the world of RC boats and after a bit of fun with an FT009 i decided to build an FT012. I did this by buying all the parts online over a few months (i know this is a more expensive way of doing it but i also enjoy the building part and can upgrade some parts along the way.

So it's pretty stock so far with a DumboRC Tx & Rx, FT012 stock motor, 3s Lipo's and a shark 40a marine ESC.

I am however having a few issues with the ESC (In fact I have 2 of them and both are having the same issues) which would point to the fact that it's not a faulty ESC (i bought 2 by mistake)

Essentially when i plug the battery in nothing at all happens except the Rx lights up. There are no audible beeps etc. I have tried both ESC's and different batteries and still nothing. On one occasion it came to life and the motor went full bore until i disconnected the battery.

I'm guessing it's something fairly simple, however i'm not exactly a novice and i do know a bit. There appears to be no on/off switch so cant be that.

I would be most grateful if anyone could offer some insight into what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.