Thread: 57" cat setup help?

Default 57" cat setup help?

Hey everyone, I am just getting back into the RC hobby and hoping to get some help finding the best hardware for this project.

I would like to run a single motor setup on 12S if possible. Will go dual if necessary. The hull is 57" x 18" and unsure of the manufacturer. I had the boat many years ago as part of a trade.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by aqwut; 08-26-2022 at 11:04 AM.

you need a big motor (sss 56114 or TP5680 700kv with 12s)and a 300amp esc (ZTW )you can opt for a Octura strudder 8(it's gas strut/rudder)and then you have to find a prop ,start with 60mm(Prather ,ABC or octura)

OSE Store also has some Dual Motor Mount setups to run twins on a single drive (or vice-versa) would make power delivery a bit easier. 5-7000W on a single can is a ton of heat.

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...Assembly+Parts
    Last edited by autolex; 08-31-2022 at 12:18 AM. Reason: added link
    DYMotorshop 29er (BUILD) | ProBoat BlackJack 24 (52.2mph) | ProBoat Stealthwake 23 (31.9mph) | Noodle Recovery Barge (6.6mph) | ProBoat JetJam (BUILD)

Thank you. I will look into it fir sure. You think with that one more I would be able to push it to 60 MPH on 16S?

Quote Originally Posted by koen View Post
    you need a big motor (sss 56114 or TP5680 700kv with 12s)and a 300amp esc (ZTW )you can opt for a Octura strudder 8(it's gas strut/rudder)and then you have to find a prop ,start with 60mm(Prather ,ABC or octura)

I would like to get everything from OSE. I have already had some information from the OSE team to get started. I want to do it right as I k ow it will get expensive. What kind of speeds in optimal condition do you think I achieve with twin SSS 56114 on 12S or 16S? I honestly do not even know what hull I have. All I know is that it is 57" Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by autolex View Post
    OSE Store also has some Dual Motor Mount setups to run twins on a single drive (or vice-versa) would make power delivery a bit easier. 5-7000W on a single can is a ton of heat.

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...Assembly+Parts

if you put a sss56104 in the sponsons and run them on 8s it can be serous fast(depending the setup with is very important 80mph can be possible )you have to rebuild the inside of the hull to get space for the motors, batteries and esc's ,it's also more easy to install the stingers on the sponson if you take the wood out