Thread: Boy I hate the heat

Default Boy I hate the heat

I always run my boats in fall and early / late winter for the simple reason that the colder water really helps with temperature control on high power set up's. Welp I crashed my RC Heli so decided to go down the the lake that is like a microwave in summer and you can not escape the heat yourself. Water temperature was 85 degrees according to my thermal gun. After a few runs when taking off the cowl smoke was coming from the motor due to the oil lubrication I spray in that was cooking from excessive heat. EVERTHING was really hot and it even went into thermal shut down on another run. Long story short......Summer nooooo fun with this heat !!!

I'm done complaining ! LOL
    Last edited by Gary; 08-21-2022 at 09:14 PM.

Connecticut? Shoot, you should try racing in Texas like I do. Our low's are night are often only 80 degrees. Some of us have summer props, and winter props.

Same here in Texas, all our local watering holes are drying up due to the lack of rain. We have to hit our bigger lake about 30 miles away and hope no full size boats or Seadoo's are blasting by. I got a Blade S230 that is pretty sweet to fly, self taught and getting to the point of 3D, lots of fun.

It get's even worse for me when I race my car. Fire suit on and sitting on the grid waiting to run and just cooking in the heat. My last race I couldn't wait to load up the car on the trailer and go home !!!

I know that feeling on my drag bike in the staging lanes, with leathers on I feel like a bake potato LOL.

Yep I always try and stick to my own words and "never do this stuff in the summer" but sometimes I get a bug up my ass to do it !!!