Thread: Flier 400a ESC Issues

Default Flier 400a ESC Issues

Hi all,

New to this forum!

I was just hoping someone could help me with some issues I'm having with the pair of flier 400a Boat 16s escs I have.

The issue is basically that the motor judders and can't complete a full turn where throttle is applied. I've read up online and youtube that it could be caused by bad motor connections and bad battery connections but they all seem fine to me...

Ive attached images of all the connections I've made but it seems there may be another issue.

Also could anyone tell me if I NEED to use both battery leads as currently I have then joined together to formne cable to the XT90...

Thanks,

IMG_8061.jpgIMG_8062.jpg

Did you try it on a different motor? That way you would narrow it down to one or the other.

I have a Flier 400 and was told that I only had to use one of the sets of battery leads. I've run my boat both ways and cannot tell a difference.

Are you trying to put 2-300 amps of current through an XT90? It should be fine just running the boat on the stand, but NO WAY will a single XT90 hold up to loaded amperage if you're anywhere even close to taking advantage of that ESC.

I believe I have fixed it now, I reflashed a new firmware and it seems to have fixed it.

I shouldn't be pulling to many amps either I'm only using a load of 10000mah batts so nothing crazy...hopefully haha

It's not about the battery mAh, whatever motor is hooked to it, is going to demand what it's going to demand according to the load conditions. Whether the batteries can support that load or not, is up to them, but not being able to support what is being demanded makes for some serious voltage ripple which will kill an ESC quick.

No one ever listens.

Quote Originally Posted by maxxxxxxxb View Post
    Hi all,

New to this forum!

I was just hoping someone could help me with some issues I'm having with the pair of flier 400a Boat 16s escs I have.

The issue is basically that the motor judders and can't complete a full turn where throttle is applied. I've read up online and youtube that it could be caused by bad motor connections and bad battery connections but they all seem fine to me...

Ive attached images of all the connections I've made but it seems there may be another issue.

Also could anyone tell me if I NEED to use both battery leads as currently I have then joined together to formne cable to the XT90...

Thanks,

IMG_8061.jpgIMG_8062.jpg

That connector is very much inadequate for your amp draw . You’ll have to get a 8-10 mm connector to adequately handle that current draw. Or you will have a meltdown