Thread: ZTW Seal 200 amp - can not remove reverse operation - Help

Post ZTW Seal 200 amp - can not remove reverse operation - Help

I have two of these ESCs and can not program out the ability to run the boat in reverse. I have tried both a V1 and V2 programmer unit with the same results - the only difference I can see between those two is V1 has nine steps and and V2 seven omitting Sbec output voltage and Governor mode (WHY?) When trying to program these the only step I can see that MIGHT be for locking out reverse is motor rotation but no all that does is what it says - make the motor run in the other direction. I can do that by swapping a couple of wires w/o a program step. Can someone tell me what I am missing here. Or maybe there is no way to program it out ? Thank You for your help!!

I'm a newbie so most definitely others will have more helpful comments. That being said, I use a ZTW 200. I programmed out reverse using my transmitter settings - not on the ESC itself. I hope that's helpful

Quote Originally Posted by MikeP323 View Post
    I have two of these ESCs and can not program out the ability to run the boat in reverse. I have tried both a V1 and V2 programmer unit with the same results - the only difference I can see between those two is V1 has nine steps and and V2 seven omitting Sbec output voltage and Governor mode (WHY?) When trying to program these the only step I can see that MIGHT be for locking out reverse is motor rotation but no all that does is what it says - make the motor run in the other direction. I can do that by swapping a couple of wires w/o a program step. Can someone tell me what I am missing here. Or maybe there is no way to program it out ? Thank You for your help!!
    With the ZTW you cannot program out the reverse. It is their one big failing. However you can use your transmitter to program out the ability to go into reverse. Otherwise you just have to remember not to.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Thank you both for your help. I will do just that. Sorry I was so slow with this reply. Computer went out for a bit. Thank you again

MIKE