Thread: Castle Hydra XLX2 ESC

Default Castle Hydra XLX2 ESC

Looks like Castle Creations has taken notice of all the conversions and is about to release their own marine version of the XLX2.

very nice!

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

That is cool (literally, and figuratively). I find it "interesting" they the only sites I could find it listen on is Tower Hobbies & Horizon Hobbies. Even in searching Castle's own website, I couldn't find anything. I wonder if Horizon & Tower accidentally put up the page early (wouldn't be the first time). Certainly would be nice...heck, would be 'fantastic'...to be see Castle get back into the marine ESC game.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    That is cool (literally, and figuratively). I find it "interesting" they the only sites I could find it listen on is Tower Hobbies & Horizon Hobbies. Even in searching Castle's own website, I couldn't find anything. I wonder if Horizon & Tower accidentally put up the page early (wouldn't be the first time). Certainly would be nice...heck, would be 'fantastic'...to be see Castle get back into the marine ESC game.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    Its there

https://www.castlecreations.com/en/h...ec-010-0173-00

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
    Its there

https://www.castlecreations.com/en/h...ec-010-0173-00

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    Didn't see it yesterday morning...but, glad to see the page is 'live' now.

Castle is officially bringing back the Hydra marine line based on the XLX2 first. Perhaps other models later. Just like the car version the Hydra XLX2 is fully potted and now has the integral water cooling top plate. I was a beta tester and ran a pair of the ESC's in my open twin rigger and was very pleased with the results. I would share results and pics, but have been asked to keep those under wraps in till the official release later in the month. We owe a big thanks to Castle for bringing these back to our small market. These ESC's should cover 90% of the applications we have and hopefully Castle are working on an HV version and a X8S Hydra version in the future.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

These will be water proof?
    Team Liquid Dash

Tyler mentions they are fully potted, so yes, waterproof.

They don?t reference the peak or nominal amp draw. What is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post

It's probably the exact same as the land version.

It's probably identical to the land version.

Howard, For the X8S the continuous is around 240-250A with a peak at 300A. More than that it will current limit automatically. The XLX2 is capable of 400A continuous and 500A. It will also pull back throttle above 500A. It's difficult to test the XLX2 to it's limit even when running 4P on the test bench with super hot wind motors. I tried and cooked a motor. Controller only reached 130F.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    Castle is officially bringing back the Hydra marine line based on the XLX2 first. Perhaps other models later. Just like the car version the Hydra XLX2 is fully potted and now has the integral water cooling top plate. I was a beta tester and ran a pair of the ESC's in my open twin rigger and was very pleased with the results. I would share results and pics, but have been asked to keep those under wraps in till the official release later in the month. We owe a big thanks to Castle for bringing these back to our small market. These ESC's should cover 90% of the applications we have and hopefully Castle are working on an HV version and a X8S Hydra version in the future.
    Good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    Howard, For the X8S the continuous is around 240-250A with a peak at 300A. More than that it will current limit automatically. The XLX2 is capable of 400A continuous and 500A. It will also pull back throttle above 500A. It's difficult to test the XLX2 to it's limit even when running 4P on the test bench with super hot wind motors. I tried and cooked a motor. Controller only reached 130F.
    Wow!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s