Thread: KL Series Kneeler O/B Hydroplane

Default KL Series Kneeler O/B Hydroplane

I'm building a ML boatworks Kneeler O/B 350 V2 Hydro. It's going to be 35", To me it looks like it should have a 7.5 O/B electric on it but they say it's for a 3.5. This is my first electric o/b I have built many wooden boat in the past. I'm just thinking if this is a kneeler hydro from what I can remember they were not very big with o/b's . Thinking about using a GI Joe. It's not for racing more scale. What do you guys think?

Thanks Ed
    Attached Images Attached Images

My kneeler 35" started out with a OS21 OB and was too small a motor. I put a 45 K&B lower with a Scorpion outrunner and it looks more to scale.
    Mic
    k1.jpgk2.jpgk3.jpg

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Thank you vert much for the information. It looks like they have changed that kit some. What speed controller did you match it with? I'm also looking for a scale O/B cover.

Thanks again Ed

On 6S I get by with a Flycolor 150. Using a motor under 2Watts (4020-1250Kv)
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Thanks again for all your help.

I only have one last question what is the numbers on your motor? Model number so I can get the same one. I think I'm going with a Lawless drive. Like I said I'm fairly new to electrics but I did buils and have a Byron Originals BD5J and did convert to electric.

Thanks Ed

I bought a Hyperion 4020 (rebadged Scopion) 1320 kv to try an outrunner. Great motor but they are getting expensive over $200. With a 150 esc on our tunnels we run 40X74 motors and see speeds in the mid 50's. Same watts as the outrunner. $80 Leopard 1400-1700 Kv on 6S.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Thanks so much I'll look in to that when I'm ready!!