Thread: Mamba XLX2 calibration problems

Default Mamba XLX2 calibration problems

Anyone know what the deal is with this esc not wanting to Calibrate? I see on youtube there are others having the same issue. HELP!!!!
    Thanks Guys!
    Wayne

What is the problem?

Throttle channel set to reverse?
    EPA set to 100% forwards and backwards?
    Trigger setting set to 50/50?

Get someone to help you for the calibration.

Step 1: Turn on the radio
    Step 2: hold 100% full throttle on the radio
    Step 3: have you helper plug in the main battery and turn on the switch
    Step 4: Keep holding the throttle till you hear all the beeps
    Step 5: Push the trigger back to 100% reverse and wait till the next set of beeps
    Step 6: let the trigger go back to neutral and you will here the last set of beeps when complete.
    Step 7: Unplug the pack and turn off the ESC.
    Step 8: plug in the main battery and turn on the switch. Everything should work.
    Tyler Garrard
    NAMBA 639/IMPBA 20525
    T-Hydro @ 142.94mph former WR

What is that same issue? Need some details.
    I assume you have read the troubleshooting steps below and validated your settings.

If the below is not the issue, you most likely have a radio sync problem. With the free castle link adapter (must be ordered with coupon) and the Castlelink Software you can get access to new settings. see picture
    a) You can change the arming time. Change the arming time to a different value, default is 1.5, try 2 or higher.
    b) Last but not least is the throttle deadband, increase slightly.
    Neither of these have an impact on performance. The deadband adjust fixed the issue on my Radiolink transmitter.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    Problem: My Castle ESC may or may not arm, but it will not calibrate to my transmitter.
    Solution: Most calibration issues can be solved by changing settings on the transmitter. Make
    sure you have both your throttle and brake endpoints (called EPA or ATV on your radio) on the
    throttle channel set to between 100 to 120%. If you have a Futaba-made transmitter, make sure
    to have the throttle channel set to the reversed position. See Castle ESC/Radio Calibration on
    page 10.

Clipboard02.jpg