Thread: Ztw 200 cutting out

Default Ztw 200 cutting out

I built a cheetah for a friend that is running a leopard 4092 1480kv on 6s 2p 10,000 mah with a ztw 200 esc spinning a m447 prop. I put it in the water and everything seems fine but after a couple passes it was start to cut throttle on me repeatedly, brought it back in and nothing was hot. All connections are great and the batteries still had 96 percent charge. The boat runs strong at full throttle but when trying to slow down is when the problem occurs. For added info motor timing is at 2 degrees for the D wind motor, and throttle starting percentage is 35.

LVC on or off?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

It’s on, whatever the default is.

I'd turn off the LVC for starters. You really shouldn't be over-amping the ZTW200A with this setup. I would only expect an amp draw of 110-140A if the boat is decently dialed in.

I agree, disable LVC or reduce it to the lowest setting and try again. I time my runs so I know when to come back before my cells go below 3.8V.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

I agree it is better to run without the LVC and time the runs as I do the same on all of my boats, I was hoping to have this be a little more fool proof for my friend who is a beginner but if it’s going to give me issues then it will need to be turned off. I will try it out and let you guys know how it reacts, thanks for the replies it is greatly appreciated!

Hey guys, I tried the boat out again today. Turned off the LVC and no difference, still cutting out the same as before. Could it possibly be the bec?

It doesn't sound like a BEC issue, but easily checked by pulling the red pin on the ESC receiver plug, then using a small LiFe battery to power the receiver.

Do you have another ESC to test with, or another motor?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Yea I can try out swapping electronics. I did run the ztw one time on my neu 1530 1336 kv on 6s with no issues and I have ran the motor several times with a hydra 240 with no issues but this match up is not happy. I ran it yesterday and motor and esc were at low 130s for temps which is much hotter than I want them at. I will attribute some of that heat to the fact that the water was 93 degrees and it was 104 outside but still, seems too hot.the boat runs light on its feet and strut is about 1/4 above the bottom of the sponsons and with this m447 it really shouldn’t be sweating that setup I wouldn’t think.

This might not be your issue but I had a problem with ztw 200 running 4s P-mono. The heat was making the receiver on the board disconnect. Then it would cool down an reattach itself. Took me a long time to figure it out

Also make sure you pick the esc up check temperature all over it.mine was way hotter on bottom then top..one of the reasons I didn't think about heat being the problem.

Very interesting, how did you end up fixing the issue?

i run a ZTW 200 with an extra TFL cooling plate under the esc, it helps to keep the temp down