Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: America, what have you done?

Default America, what have you done?

An article by Melanie Philips (United Kingdom)

President Obama has had, by general consent, a torrid First Fortnight. To put it another way, it has taken precisely two weeks for the illusion that brought him to power to be exposed for the nonsense that it so obviously was. The transformational candidate who was going to sweep away pork-barrel politics, lobbyists and corruption has been up to his neck in sleaze, as eviscerated here by Charles Krauthammer. Despite the fact that he came to power promising to ‘ban all earmarks’, his ‘stimulus’ bill represents billions of dollars of special-interest tax breaks, giveaways and protections -- which have nothing to do with kick-starting the economy and everything to do with favouring pet Democrat causes.

He has been appointing one tax dodger, lobbyist and wheeler-dealer after another. After appointing one official,Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, who had unaccountably forgotten to pay his taxes, he then watched his designated Health Secretary Tom Daschle fall on his sword because he too had taken a tax holiday. Daschle was furthermore a prominent actor in the world of lobbying and influence-peddling. Leon Panetta, Obama’s nominee for Director of the CIA has also, according to the Wall Street Journal, consulted for prominent companies and sat on the board of a public affairs firm that lobbies Congress. The Weekly Standard reports that Secretary of Labour nominee Hilda Solis was not only involved with a private organization lobbying her fellow legislators on a bill that she helped sponsor, but she apparently kept her involvement secret and failed to reveal a clear conflict of interest.

In foreign policy, Obama has started by trashing his own country through grossly misrepresenting its history and grovelling to America’s enemies such as Iran, which has flicked him aside with undiluted contempt. He has gratuitously upset America’s ally India by suggesting that America should muscle in and resolve the Kashmir question.

His right hand doesn’t seem to know what his left hand is doing. He reportedly asked retired Marine General Anthony Zinni to be US ambassador to Iraq, but then abruptly withdrew the appointment without explanation after it had been confirmed by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. And the precise role he is offering Dennis Ross – special envoy to Iran? Special adviser to Hillary? Special adviser to other special advisers? – remains mired in confusion.

I have argued before however that, given Obama’s radical roots in the neo-Marxist, nihilist politics of Saul Alinsky, it is the undermining of America’s fundamental values that is likely to be this President’s most strategically important goal. I have also suggested that, since this agenda is promoted through stealth politics which gull the credulous middle-classes while destroying the ground upon which they are standing, his second-tier appointments should be closely scrutinised.

And here’s a humdinger. Obama has picked a man called David Ogden to be deputy Attorney-General. Ogden has made his legal career from representing *!***!***!***!**ographers, trying to defeat child protection legislation and undermining family values. As FoxNews reported this week, he once represented a group of library directors arguing against the Children's Internet Protection Act, which ordered libraries and schools receiving funding for the Internet to restrict access to obscene sites. And on behalf of several media groups, he successfully argued against a child *!***!***!***!**ography law that required publishers to verify and document the age of their models, which would have ensured these models were at least 18.

The Family Research Council has more examples of his contribution to upholding American and western values. In one such case, he expressed the view that abortion was less damaging to a woman than having children:

In sum, it is grossly misleading to tell a woman that abortion imposes possible detrimental psychological effects when the risks are negligible in most cases, when the evidence shows that she is more likely to experience feelings of relief and happiness, and when child-birth and child-rearing or adoption may pose concomitant (if not greater) risks or adverse psychological effects ...

In another, co-authored brief, he argued that it was an unconstitutional burden on 14-year old girls seeking an abortion for their parents to be notified -- because there was no difference between adults and mid-teens in their ability to grasp all the implications of such a decision:

There is no question that the right to secure an abortion is fundamental. By any objective standard, therefore, the decision to abort is one that a reasonable person, including a reasonable adolescent, could make. Empirical studies have found few differences between minors aged 14-18 and adults in their understanding of information and their ability to think of options and consequences when asked to consider treatment-related decisions. These unvarying and highly significant findings indicate that with respect to the capacity to understand and reason logically, there is no qualitative or quantitative difference between minors in mid-adolescence, i.e., about 14-15 years of age, and adults.

And how did the 44th President react to the growing public dismay over the mess he was making? He threw his toys out of the pram -- or perhaps that should read, he got into the pram. For he fled the scene of the disaster and sought the company of seven year-olds instead. As the Telegraph reported:

‘We were just tired of being in the White House,’ he told a group of excited seven-year-olds before discussing Batman and reading them a book.

Tired of being President – after two weeks!

Tax cheats, pork-barrel politics, ancillary child abuse, incompetence, chaos, treachery and infantilism. America – what have you done?!
    A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves

Intersting.... The site will not allow the first part of the word p-o-r-n-o-g-r-a-p-h-y. Insert that word where you see a bunch of **/***/***/*** in the above.

that is because various 'spam-bots' look for instances of the word, specifically the 1st 4 letters, thus the use of pron.
    I voted fer the other guy.
    Still waiting for my boat to come in.it came in

Bill,

It would be more clear if you would edit and insert bracket I bracket to italicize the quotes.

Like I said before, the nation is about to get a taste of Illinois politics at the federal level.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    Bill,

It would be more clear if you would edit and insert bracket I bracket to italicize the quotes.

Like I said before, the nation is about to get a taste of Illinois politics at the federal level.

Andy
    Andy,

The entire text above is an article from Melanie Phillips. I added nothing.

Buckle Up, Its going to be an interesting ride!!!
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Interesting topic and article.........................

No news here. Melanie Phillips is the British Ann Coulter so this article is just more of the same from her.
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    No news here. Melanie Phillips is the British Ann Coulter so this article is just more of the same from her.
    So let me see if I have this right.... Melanie has a "Right" point of view, so her opinions are of no value whatsoever, and are meaningless.

I'm not sensing any "tolerance of diversity" from the Left. Where is the tolerance of opposing opinions? Where is the embracing of political diversity?

You may have a mind, but disordered is disordered. How's that Kool-Aide tasting?

No, she is known for having extreme views that are considered as being at the far polar end of the spectrum. Tolerance of diversity does not mean that the lunatic fringe is now to be considered as mainstream.
    Don't get me started

Quote Originally Posted by Bill-SOCAL View Post
    No, she is known for having extreme views that are considered as being at the far polar end of the spectrum. Tolerance of diversity does not mean that the lunatic fringe is now to be considered as mainstream.
    I don't know why you bother responding Bill...
    Next they'll start believing their savior and favorite talking head rushed limpballs would make a good president

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofpf1 View Post
    Next they'll start believing their savior and favorite talking head rushed limpballs would make a good president

Steve
    He wouldn't?
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofpf1 View Post

Steve
    He would probably do better than the old Glue Horse I voted for.......

I have a lot of faith that Michael Steele (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_S._Steele ) will bring the common sense back to the Right and get this ship steering straight again... His first act, to dump the entire GOP party head-men and start over there, was a good start.

If this pork-spending, errrr.... I mean "pork-u-lous" plan was really going to be as great as Obama says it will be, then he wouldn't be working SOOOO freaking hard to get the GOP, any of them, to go along with it. He could CRUSH the GOP by simply passing the bill with no GOP support, then having it work like a charm...

Problem with that plan is that they KNOW it won't work, so they want to spread the blame on spreading the wealth...

You on the left... enjoy your day... I know you haven't had one since around 1978, so you are do... I'm sure that Carter and Obama will have lots to reminise about after 2012...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Who cares about the left or the right political position. Both parties messed up. Now just drop the gloves and go back in each of your corners with the D hat on and come out, shake hands and with other world leaders to FIX THE PROBLEMS and screw the politics or else we are in deep Sh.t

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Who cares about the left or the right political position.
    "Politics" are just another way to describe differences in "philosophies", and you can't fix anything if those are based on bad ideas... There are some HORRENDOUS ideas being put forth... so I'm sorry if some of us just can't "push that aside"... If you want things fixed, then you have to start with ideas that stand a shot at actually fixing them...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

We'll never get rid of the segregation and difference between the Left and Right. However, soon we'll all see what kind of mistake 66 million America's voted on...

I mean Miss Pelosi was saying we are losing 50 million jobs a week... Hell at that rate, everyone will be jobless in 6 weeks. Pure brilliance, she should be a blonde instead of Speaker of the House....

As far as the "pork-u-lous" bill goes, as "favorite rushed limpballs" brilliantly suggested, why not cut the corporate tax rate in half. Not only would this stimulate corporations, but it would pump money into the people. Less taxes, more profit. More profits, more income to me.
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

The federal government has become a big (crooked) business ... and the sad thing is you can't quit and find a new employer without leaving the country.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Quote Originally Posted by calcagno45 View Post
    I mean Miss Pelosi was saying we are losing 50 million jobs a week... Hell at that rate, everyone will be jobless in 6 weeks. Pure brilliance, she should be a blonde instead of Speaker of the House....
    Actually, the very brilliant Ms. Pelosi said we are losing 500 Million jobs per month. At that rate, this country will have 100% unemployment in less than a month. And she (and her cronies) wrote the "Pork-U-lus" bill. Hmmm.... I wonder if there are any mistakes in there???

Quote Originally Posted by egneg View Post
    The federal government has become a big (crooked) business ... and the sad thing is you can't quit and find a new employer without leaving the country.
    You could alway do a hostile takeover if you don't like the company that employs you. I think it was Thomas Jefferson that said there should be a revolt ever 20 years or so. I think we are overdue.

To arms! To arms! It's time to throw that tea into the harbor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jet View Post
    You could alway do a hostile takeover if you don't like the company that employs you. I think it was Thomas Jefferson that said there should be a revolt ever 20 years or so. I think we are overdue.

Dr. Jet
    It would be another coast and throw the coffee into the harbour

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    He wouldn't?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    Dr. Jet
    It would be another coast and throw the coffee into the harbour

Douggie

LOL Especially all that darn Starbucks coffee!

I'm up for it. Got a AR-15, plenty shotguns, and plenty scoped rifles in the house! Should I start the revolt in the Port of New Orleans?
    My prop hasn't been wet in a while.

British troops fire into a crowd of people in colonial Boston. Crispus Attucks, a black sailor and former slave, was shot first and died along with four others in what became known as the Boston Massacre. The famous event of 1770 is depicted in a colored engraving by Howard Pyle.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

Washington Crossing the Delaware is an oil on canvas by Emanuel Leutze from 1851. It is in the Metropolitan Museum of Art, in New York City.

"The time has come, for us to removed those who have betrayed our trust: Congress, The Senate, The House, The Judicial and The Executive offices, For they have conspired together with one mind, with malice intent, to rob the people of their livelihood. Through the creation of superfluous laws and governmental codes, Ponzi Scheme banking practices without any accountability." RcPrince

"All of the perplexities, confusion, and distress in America arises, not from the defects of the Constitution or Confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, so much as from downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation." -- John Adams, Founding Father

"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - President James Madison

"You are a den of vipers and thieves and I intend to rout you out, and by the eternal God, I will rout you out. If Congress has the right to issue paper money, it was given them to be used by themselves, and not to be delegated to individuals or corporations.." -- Andrew Jackson's address to Congress 1829

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies." - Thomas Jefferson.

"I have two great enemies, the southern army in front of me and the financial institutions, in the rear. Of the two, the one in the rear is the greatest enemy..... I see in the future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. As a result of the war, corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed. I feel at this moment more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of the war." - Abraham Lincoln

"I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our constitution - taking from the federal government their power of borrowing." Thomas Jefferson, 1798

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation then by deflation, the banks and the corporations will grow up around them, will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson

"When a government is dependent upon bankers for money, they and not the leaders of the government control the situation, since the hand that gives is above the hand that takes... Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency; their sole object is gain." -- Napoleon Bonaparte, 1815

"Money plays the largest part in determining the course of history" - Karl Marx (Communist Manifesto)

"Let me issue and control a nation's money and I care not who writes the laws." - Mayer Amschel Rothschild, 1790

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of it laborers, the genius of its scientists and the hopes of its children" — President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Last edited by RCprince; 02-10-2009 at 12:53 AM.
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

"I have never seen more senators express discontent with their jobs. ... I think the major cause is that, deep down in our hearts, we have been accomplices to doing something terrible and unforgivable to this wonderful country. Deep down in our hearts, we know that we have bankrupted America and that we have given our children a legacy of bankruptcy. .. We have defrauded our country to get ourselves elected." -John Danforth, Republican senator from Missouri, reported in the Arizona Republic of April 21, 1992

"Most Americans have no real understanding of the operation of the international money lenders... The accounts of the Federal Reserve System have never been audited. It operates outside the control of Congress and... manipulates the credit of the United States." -Sen. Barry Goldwater (R-AZ)

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be." -- Thomas Jefferson

History repeats it's self, when we become so easily distracted by the mediocrities of apathy in this global community, We forget the pendulum swings in both directions. Today for you, tomorrow for me!

After reading what RC Prince has posted (a brilliant quote, by the way), I am evem more convinced that we live in a nation of ignorant, mind-numbed consumers of propaganda. How could we have elected this clown? Why did the loyal opposition to this clown run a worn-out old glue horse?

Where are the men and women that actually give a rat's a$$ about this country, and not just padding their own pockets (or worse yet, seeking nothing but power over "the masses")?

Go back and find what I wrote before the election: We're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by RCprince View Post
    History repeats it's self!
    If you follow your history at all most great empires have a rise and fall not lasting much past 200 years , greed and corruption at the highest levels is what brings it to its knee's and its eventual destruction , my mother once told me the USA is running a scary parallel to the roman empire

I am in no way saying we are better off , I see both our nations walking down the same path of financial destruction

Here in Canada we have our embarrassments also , East hates the West , the West hates the East , the rest of Canada hates Quebec , Quebec always wanting to separate , like what a flippen clown show.................

After reading what RC Prince has posted (a brilliant quote, by the way), I am evem more convinced that we live in a nation of ignorant, mind-numbed consumers of propaganda. How could we have elected this clown? Why did the loyal opposition to this clown run a worn-out old glue horse?

Where are the men and women that actually give a rat's a$$ about this country, and not just padding their own pockets (or worse yet, seeking nothing but power over "the masses")?

Go back and find what I wrote before the election: We're screwed.

Funny...you could have quoted the same set of phrases from my posts 8 and 4 years ago
    Steve

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast