Thread: What cause 6s turn to 5s?

Default What cause 6s turn to 5s?

I have gen aces bashing pro 4s and 6s and now they turned to 3s and 5s and I cant charge them. What is the cause and how to prevent it? Thanks.

In what way did they "turned" to 3S and 5S?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Plug to charger and it detects the 6s battery as 5s and say kow voltage detect then it does not charge.

for racing boats the best batteries are CNHL or Graphene Panther , for your problem did you use them or are they from new with this problem?

Battery packs are composed of individual cells. Over time and use this will stress all the cells and the weakest ones will show up. Each cell has an internal resistance, and some chargers will show the differences. Better quality packs are more likely to have similar consistent IR's. From a straight percentage factor, the higher number of cells the more chance one will fail. 6 more than 4 and 4 more than 3. I have dropped cells on 3-4-5-6 cell packs. Multi cells like 6 seem to lose the 4th or 5th cell. Maybe from where they are in line of current draw or each cell heats and heat dissipates into surrounding cells.
    You might try to rebalance with a charger or bring up the weak or lowest cell by charging it individually. This is a stop gap and the weak cell will show up again.
    For example, rather than one large 6000ma 6S pack I prefer 2 3000's in parallel or 2 3S 6000 in series. When a cell goes bad you only replace half the pack so to speak. I have taken apart a few 6S packs and made 4S packs throwing away 2 end cells. Getting tabs apart and resoldering can be a mess, so I don't recommend it.
    Bottom line fine a quality battery line you like and stay with the same type cells. MA and C rating, when matching for series or parallel.
    Mic

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

biggest reasons to get a bad cell
    a) drawing too much of a load and cells are overheating
    b) running cells to extreme empty, i.e. below 3.6V (after recovery) i.e. LVC and beyond
    c) leaving the lipo sit other than at storage level (~3.8V/cell) i.e. either full or empty

You can always use a volt meter and check the voltage at the balance leads on each cell to see if you have a dead one. Make sure your charger is set up right for charging and check all connections and pins for damage.

I should of asked if your charger can do balance charging ?
    Last edited by Racingjake; 07-01-2022 at 12:36 AM.

I tried use ni/mh charge mode without connecting the balncer and charge for 3m then put back to lipo balance charge mode and it turns back to normal.

I have the same issue right now, for mine it’s because the balance connector has one of the leads broken on it. So when you plug it in it’s as if you are missing a cell entirely.