Thread: New to this site and hobby!

Default New to this site and hobby!

I've been an RC enthusiast all my life, I've always had cars, I've had quite a few planes, I just bought my first hobby grade RC boat and I love it! I live in the Algonac Mi area and if anyone has any info on RC boat clubs near me or events near me, I would love to hear from you! Or if u just want to hang out and go RC boating if u live close.
    I've read alot of threads and love the vibe on this site.
    BTW, the boat I bought is a Pro Boat UL-19 from horizon

Welcome to the forum. I am from California so l can't help you with someone to run with but there are lots of folks from all over the country on here. Someone is bound to chime in pretty soon.

Welcome . In NYS sorry. I just added a UL-19 to my collection. Haven't had it out yet though.

Welcome. You will love boating if you have a love for water like I do. Do your homework with this hobby as the stress on batteries and esc's is far greater and easy to make a mistake that becomes dissapointing real fast.
    On a sine note since you fly....thinking of getting an RC plane. I fly a helicopter so looking to expand. What would you recommend for a starter plane that is not too small?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspaar View Post
    I've been an RC enthusiast all my life, I've always had cars, I've had quite a few planes, I just bought my first hobby grade RC boat and I love it! I live in the Algonac Mi area and if anyone has any info on RC boat clubs near me or events near me, I would love to hear from you! Or if u just want to hang out and go RC boating if u live close.
    I've read alot of threads and love the vibe on this site.
    BTW, the boat I bought is a Pro Boat UL-19 from horizon
    Sorry I didn't catch this sooner.

Mid Michigan Electric Unlimited's runs out of Shelby Township. Ford Field Central Park on 23 mile and Vandyke. We have gated access, a course, and a permanent drivers stand. It's even ADA accessible. It's really a sweet setup now. Our gang is race focused BUT!.......for us the first rule of racing is "have fun". Until someone can pay a house payment with boat racing it better be fun er' forget it!

We're out for practices on Wed after 5 and on Saturday mornings from 10 to 2. Weather providing of course. Then once per month we have a club race. We just had a club race this passed Sunday. We wont be there tomorrow as we skip Wednesdays after a race. It's a good group of fools to hang around with. Come by and see us one day. You can check us out. See if you're interested in joining etc.
    Noisy person

Sadly the OP hasn’t been back to the forum since he posted. I don’t think he saw any of the responses. Hope he returns and isn’t another hit-and-run poster.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Fluid View Post
    Sadly the OP hasn’t been back to the forum since he posted. I don’t think he saw any of the responses. Hope he returns and isn’t another hit-and-run poster.
    Me too. He's only 20 minutes or so from me and maybe another 20 to Ford Field.
    Noisy person