Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: going brushless!!!

here ya go man

Looks good, can't wait for the handling results. Let us know how it runs!

so i finally got to run the boat last weekend and well i need a bigger pond lol. i also need to do some tuning but don't know really know what needs to be done. when i get on the throttle the boat torque rolls real bab onto the right sponson and also a little to the bow. i moved the batteries back some and it helped a little with nose heaviness but not the roll. i only ran it for a few minutes because i got bored with the small pond. i think i am going to be taking a 2 month hiatis from the hobby until i get to virginia where i can have a good pond to run in.

try adding turn fins or trim tabs, those will probably solve your problem, and give it a cool look when you pull it out of the water

Great1,
    I think your prop might be too big and that is what is causing the torque roll. I am running an Octura Y534 plastic prop on a Feigao 10L on 3S lipo and it accelerates really well and stays flat to the water. I am going to try a Y535 next so I can try a metal prop.
    SoCal Fast Electrics|H&M Drifter S-CC1512/4S/T180A|Aeromarine Scorpion 32"- UL-1/4S/HM200A|Insane 34- CC1515 1Y/4S2P/T180A|BK Bandit S-CC1515 1Y/4S2P/T180A|Insane FE30 UL-1/4S/ETTI 150

ya thats the problem because when i ran mine with a x438 it rolled terribly. then i swap it with the y535 and it runs perfect!

The x435 seems to work best with my brushless Apache.

i guess i will have to go with a smaller prop. when i first got most of the parts i was going on the idea that what works for the vj should with the apache because it is basically the same hull.. well i guess not.

hey! I have a few questions, does the feigao motor have bullet connectors already installed onto it, and also what is the shaft size for the apatche?

Quote Originally Posted by onionvolcano View Post
    hey! I have a few questions, does the feigao motor have bullet connectors already installed onto it, and also what is the shaft size for the apatche?
    no the motor didn't have bullets on it from the factory. and as far as the stock shaft i don't know. i bought the bare hull with full intention to go brushless from the begining

Also does the 100 amp esc have bullet connectors?
    Last edited by onionvolcano; 07-31-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12