Thread: My ProBoat Recoil 2 coming up to speed

Default My ProBoat Recoil 2 coming up to speed

100% all box stock.

TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Now with a dasboata test prop on the back of it. Still all stock electronics on 3s.

TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Since the electronics will take 4s let's test them a little...Here is a 4s run all stock with a dasboata test prop (57mph)

Just playing around with props...

You're always paying videos, showing what incredible speeds can be achieved with dasbota "test props", which many people (myself, included) greatly enjoy. However, these "test props" always appear to be props that are, essentially, 'unobtainable'...meaning that they are props that are done specifically for you, with no details regarding the props being given. This, in truth, didn't help anyone else.

I'm NOT suggesting you stop doing these videos...after all, these videos DO show what is possible. At the same time, if you were to also do videos using normally-obtainable props (sharpened & balanced and/or fresh-out-of-the-bag), that would be of much better help to others. Put another way, be the videos you've always done are great, AND entertaining...but, realistically, they don't really "help"people. Doing videos using props that anyone can easily obtain (be it from OSE and/or LHSs) would be far more helpful to everyone....but, also, please, do continue doing your "test prop" videos.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

I believe those props would be available from dasboata if you ask, but MADRCER can confirm.
    Only constructive criticism I have for videos, sure would be helpful to spill the beans a little bit on what else is done on 'stock' electronics and props to get up to the higher speeds. Probably nothing on this specific one (yet) but sure would further the hobby to give some good tips. Yet another speed run doesn't really make me want to watch another video without some details on setup and as to what has changed.

It's your channel, I think you are doing an amazing job getting these to the speeds listed. Do as you please.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    You're always paying videos, showing what incredible speeds can be achieved with dasbota "test props", which many people (myself, included) greatly enjoy. However, these "test props" always appear to be props that are, essentially, 'unobtainable'...meaning that they are props that are done specifically for you, with no details regarding the props being given. This, in truth, didn't help anyone else.

I'm NOT suggesting you stop doing these videos...after all, these videos DO show what is possible. At the same time, if you were to also do videos using normally-obtainable props (sharpened & balanced and/or fresh-out-of-the-bag), that would be of much better help to others. Put another way, be the videos you've always done are great, AND entertaining...but, realistically, they don't really "help"people. Doing videos using props that anyone can easily obtain (be it from OSE and/or LHSs) would be far more helpful to everyone....but, also, please, do continue doing your "test prop" videos.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    Every prop I put on my boats can be purchased from Chris, however supply and demand of the props can cause backlogs in this day and time. I'll explain a little for you. the 120mph+ capable zonda props are not straight out of the package props. They have major mods done to them that Chris has done for me with my input for what I needed in order to go that fast. Time consuming and costly custom work as well. That's why we call the props "Super Zonda" props and anyone can email him and ask for them and the specs and tweaks are only known by a couple of people. Example if they were 1717 abc props that were heavily modded and everyone emailed him asking for 1717 props but they aren't the mod props they might be upset. That's why certain props are named. Hope you understand and that any prop you want that I have he will sell it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jkflow View Post
    I believe those props would be available from dasboata if you ask, but MADRCER can confirm.
    Only constructive criticism I have for videos, sure would be helpful to spill the beans a little bit on what else is done on 'stock' electronics and props to get up to the higher speeds. Probably nothing on this specific one (yet) but sure would further the hobby to give some good tips. Yet another speed run doesn't really make me want to watch another video without some details on setup and as to what has changed.

It's your channel, I think you are doing an amazing job getting these to the speeds listed. Do as you please.
    Thanks! I haven't done anything to this boat except for strut adjustments.
    Last edited by MADRCER; 06-30-2022 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    Every prop I put on my boats can be purchased from Chris, however supply and demand of the props can cause backlogs in this day and time. I'll explain a little for you. the 120mph+ capable zonda props are not straight out of the package props. They have major mods done to them that Chris has done for me with my input for what I needed in order to go that fast. Time consuming and costly custom work as well. That's why we call the props "Super Zonda" props and anyone can email him and ask for them and the specs and tweaks are only known by a couple of people. Example if they were 1717 abc props that were heavily modded and everyone emailed him asking for 1717 props but they aren't the mod props they might be upset. That's why certain props are named. Hope you understand and that any prop you want that I have he will sell it to you.
    I completely understand about Chris' props...but, that's not what I was saying. I was suggesting that, in addition to doing videos showcasing the speeds you achieve with his props, you could *also* do videos (using the same collection of boats) showcasing speeds you're able to achieve using other diameters & pitches of raw "out of the bag" props, as well as "commercially available" (ie. Offshore Electrics) sharpened & balanced props.

Put another way, having an idea of the number & variety of boats in your collection, I'm guessing you also have a sizable collection of props not done by Chris...raw, as well as sharpened & balanced...and, it's those props I was trying to suggest you also showcase in videos - showing what speeds boats in your collection are able to achieve using those other props. Hopefully, wording or this way will better convey what I was originally trying to say/suggest.

Is there any recommendation for what OSE propeller I can use for the ProBoat Recoil 2?
    Would this one be a good candidate?
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=SB-oct-m545

This is my first boat and I have no real idea what I'm doing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dixoncider View Post
    Is there any recommendation for what OSE propeller I can use for the ProBoat Recoil 2?
    Would this one be a good candidate?
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=SB-oct-m545

This is my first boat and I have no real idea what I'm doing yet.
    No that prop is too large in diameter. You won't like it. If you want something to bolt on and go you can try this one of these here.

https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=cnc-4014350
    https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...od=cnc-4219250

Or Dasboata who is on here has a good 3 blade sauced up with his touches that works well with the stock setup. You can email him at dasboata@aol.com or reach him on here by searching dasboata.

Thanks for the response MADRCER! Love the vids.

I'll look into those 2 props. I've also sent an email to Dasboata. I think he's just getting back today and probably has a lot of emails to catch up on.

Thanks again for the pointers!

it looks good