Thread: ESC problems?

Default ESC problems?

Not sure if I should post this here or else where,

But here's the problem I'm having (Zonda twin, sk180 esc's, stock sss2075kv's) starboard motor is hesitant to run. Once going runs fine (on the bench I see esc light not coming on when hit throttle, let off throttle, hit throttle again, motor runs and esc light is on) recently replaced bearings in starboard motor, so thought I screwed up something. Changed motors with one extra I had on hand, checked all wire connections, cleaned and shined them up and still the same thing with different motor.

Even swapped motors (port to starboard and starboard to port) Both batteries (6s) are charged, tried (4s charged) same thing. Is the ESC messed up somehow?

Don't have another 180 esc so going to try a 120 that I have on hand just for sh*ts and giggles when I have time.

Any thoughts?

John

Check the soldering on the bullets going to the motor.

Dumb question, is one of the red wires disconnected from one of the esc's either in the y cable or the esc?

Checked out the soldering and re-soldered them just to make sure,
    Yea, that was checked out when I received the boat a few years ago.

I would first try recalibrating the ESC?s to the receiver. Turn the power on the ESC with the trigger at full throttle, wait for a few beeps, return to neutral, few more beeps, done.