Thread: Carbon Pursuit P mono issues

Default Carbon Pursuit P mono issues

Having a hard time trying to figure this out. My Pursuit is my P mono rig. Leopard 4082 2200kv y wind 11.25 timing 4s2p 75c turnigy panthers. Esc Seaking 180. Was having cut out issues with m645 prop. Would stop then it would be back full speed if I pull trigger again. I'm guessing to many amps. Temps were in the 130f for ESC 150F for motor. Tried x445 prop same result. Tried a TFL 42mm prop no issues but I'm only going 42mph. With the M645 I'm at 54mph. Don't think the 42mph will keep me competitive in P mono. Should I change the motor for lower KV? I have a sss 4082 1600kv I haven't tried yet. Do you guys think that motor would push a m645 or kv still not enough speed with that combo?
    Pro Boat Miss Geico V2 (stock) Q-class, Pro Boat UL 19 (mostly stock) Sport Hydro, OSE M34 Raider Leopard 3660 2050kv (P-limited), Carbon TFL Pursuit Leopard 4082 2200kv (p mono), TFL Zonda (stock) - 100mph goal, Sonicwake V1 rough water windy day fun boat.

Default Carbon Pursuit P mono issues

Tune on it, and try and get the prop out of the water. My P Mono is faster than yours was on your M645, but with less pitch ratio, less kv, but more ESC.

I datalogged it when I was setting it up, and raising the stinger up 2mm dropped my continuous amp draw from 210A to 180A with zero change in the GPS?d speed.

You?re on the right track, and very much in the neighborhood. What you need is efficiency now. Find ways to make it run more efficiently with less amp draw. That, or up your ESC.

Hey thanks, now that you mentioned it. Right before I started having these issues I adjusted the trim tabs down some. Wow I wonder if thats what did it. I might be on the edge already with the ESC. I wondered what happened because I ran it a few weeks ago with this setup and M645 with the local club race and no cut out. Then I started messing around on the tabs. Didn't think that little bit would have made much of a difference on the amps. Going back in the morning with some adjustments to stinger and tabs!
    Pro Boat Miss Geico V2 (stock) Q-class, Pro Boat UL 19 (mostly stock) Sport Hydro, OSE M34 Raider Leopard 3660 2050kv (P-limited), Carbon TFL Pursuit Leopard 4082 2200kv (p mono), TFL Zonda (stock) - 100mph goal, Sonicwake V1 rough water windy day fun boat.