Thread: adding a cooling motor to bec or not

Default adding a cooling motor to bec or not

my cooling motor runs on 5v, would it put too much strain on my spectrum esc, or should i run a separate battery pack?

Of recommend using a separate (waterproof) BEC...say, to something like the Castle Waterproof BEC 2.0...programmed to 5V. That can be powered by the main battery...or you can power it from a small, separate battery. If you know anything about land RCs, think about how a lot of comp crawlers power their steering servo from a separate BEC at one voltage (usually 7.4V, or higher), while powering everything else from the ESC's BEC (usually 6V).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

i run on all my motors a cooling fan and use spektrum rx i plug the fan in the aux on the rx and no problem ,i use a 30*30mm fan on TP4070 and a40*40mm on a SSS56114

Can you post pictures? 56114 motor is a monster .

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Of recommend using a separate (waterproof) BEC...say, to something like the Castle Waterproof BEC 2.0...programmed to 5V. That can be powered by the main battery...or you can power it from a small, separate battery. If you know anything about land RCs, think about how a lot of comp crawlers power their steering servo from a separate BEC at one voltage (usually 7.4V, or higher), while powering everything else from the ESC's BEC (usually 6V).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    i ran it off a separate 6v battery and used a remote switch relay. Works great so far.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/5IUB3DvAdDg?feature=share