Thread: TFL Rocket / 6s maiden, crash, and swim! LOL

Default TFL Rocket / 6s maiden, crash, and swim!

Video removed
    Last edited by woods153; 06-20-2022 at 10:30 AM.

Here’s a quick look at the inside

https://youtube.com/shorts/faYl3Uuy9pA?feature=share

6s setup and overview video

People die swimming for toy boats
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    People die swimming for toy boats
    Heck, some people die just swimming for leisure or simply trying to cross the street ..shoveling snow in the winter or going up into an attic during the hot summer months. Dangerous world out there. Always think about what you’re doing before actually doing it. I am, in no way, promoting the action of swimming out to retrieve your (or anyones) toy boat, under any circumstance. This was my boat, my decision, and my life. Not yours. Thanks for watching - new Rocket Video coming soon!
    Last edited by woods153; 06-09-2022 at 11:23 AM.

I thought it was a hobby grade boat ?

Your boat, your decision, and your life. Don't waste it saving a $200-$300
    boat no matter how cool it is or how much you like it. Smart people anticipate flips, dead batteries, or any other of the NUMEROUS problems that happen when running a R C boat. Fishing pole with tennis ball, secondary retrieval RC boat, inflatable raft. Looks bad for the hobby when somebody dies at the hands of a model boat. Wouldn't want to see new laws enacted against them. Get pissed if you want, but please take it more seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Panchothedog View Post
    Your boat, your decision, and your life. Don't waste it saving a $200-$300
    boat no matter how cool it is or how much you like it. Smart people anticipate flips, dead batteries, or any other of the NUMEROUS problems that happen when running a R C boat. Fishing pole with tennis ball, secondary retrieval RC boat, inflatable raft. Looks bad for the hobby when somebody dies at the hands of a model boat. Wouldn't want to see new laws enacted against them. Get pissed if you want, but please take it more seriously.
    Take what more seriously? Posting videos of RC boats? ..because that's all I'm doing here. I understand your point and appreciate the concern, ok ..I do, but cmon ..you're acting like the title of my video is 'Hey, come watch me risk my life to try and save a toy boat! HAHA!', you know? ..and get pissed about what? You saying 'Smart people' do this and that, like I'm an idiot or something? Nah, not at all. I had a fishing pole and tennis ball, along with a rescue boat, both of which would not have been able to retrieve an almost fully submerged boat. I'm in shape and can swim, my girlfriend is in shape and can swim, and I've been going to this pond for many years (to fish and swim), so I did it. I used my non-smart brain to assess the problematic situation at hand and came up with a safe and viable solution (for me) - go into the water and get it. It's like, god forbid anyone who decides to jump off a tire-swing and into a pond/lake/river (whatever) with no life-guard on duty this summer. How many non-smart people who can't swim are going to read your post and still think it's ok to use an inflatable raft to rescue their boat? You said it's what smart people do, so it must be ok, right? You may want to specify that it's probably not a good idea to use an inflatable raft to rescue your boat if you can't swim. Looks bad for the hobby when somebody dies at the hands of a model boat. Wouldn't want to see new laws enacted against them. Get pissed if you want, but please take it more seriously.

I've swam in the Pacific, Atlantic, Gulf of Mexico and Mediterranean Sea, if you can't swim then it time for a life jacket or swimming lessons. I also jumped off a 50 foot cliff and that was exhilarating.

I guess the thing you haven't considered is when someone else has seen your video and then goes swimming after their boat not being a good swimmer or having some other difficulty, swims in cold water or such like and drowns.

It is about setting an example.

Not swimming after your toy boat even has a whole thread here on OSE. People drown every year swimming after boats, and I guarantee you that every person who drowned trying to rescue their boat never thought it would happen to them.
    NZMPBA 2013, 2016 Open Electric Champion. NZMPBA 2016 P Offshore Champion.
    2016 SUHA Q Sport Hydro Hi Points Champion.
    BOPMPBC Open Mono, Open Electric Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter A View Post
    I guess the thing you haven't considered is when someone else has seen your video and then goes swimming after their boat not being a good swimmer or having some other difficulty, swims in cold water or such like and drowns.

It is about setting an example.

Not swimming after your toy boat even has a whole thread here on OSE. People drown every year swimming after boats, and I guarantee you that every person who drowned trying to rescue their boat never thought it would happen to them.
    Yeah, that makes sense - I now have a disclaimer/warning in the video description and in the comment section of said video (pinned to the top). I’ll remove the video from this thread and also contact a moderator to remove this thread in its entirety, with hopes that we can all move past this atrocity. Thanks for the comment.