Thread: The best lipo battery?

Default The best lipo battery?

The best lipo battery is a hot topic.
    Due to the rising cost of production materials, we spend more on batteries. The budget battery brand seems more worthy of our consideration.
    On this topic, I delved into some of the brands that are commonly found in the market. Then I wrote this article (Best Lipo Battery Brand for 2022) and did a ranking about them.

Which do you vote for? Welcome to discuss.

i have the best results with Graphene Panther and SLS(from Germany)

For genuine peak performance & high current draws I won’t use anything other than sls.

I think if lot of brands actually tested the ‘c’ rating it wouldn’t be anywhere near what they claim.

There was quite some testing done by a 3rd party on sls cells a couple years ago

https://www.elektromodellflug.de/sls-speed-70c.php
    https://www.elektromodellflug.de/sls-quantum-65c.php
    Hpr 06 / 09 / 150 /185, Mhz Skater H45 hydro.
    Uk SAW record holder

2x post
    Uk SAW record holder

Will SLS ship to North America?
    Reesor Boat Works

just ask them ,stefansliposhop.de

SMC are some of the best on the market. GensAce are solid as well. CNHL has a great line if you stay above the advertised 70C rating, all the ones below are hit or miss. Yes, C rating is a lie like on any other brand.

No idea on SLS.

Graphene, this year, majority turns out to be fake vaporware due to changes in materials.

This guy performs yearly testing, that is a good guide.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...risons/page933

Go to page 1 for the previous results, this year's test is still ongoing.
    All manufacturers have changed formulas due to shortages, prior year performance is no longer a good indicator, but the top performers are still in the top.

https://www.smc-racing.com/
    https://chinahobbyline.com/
    Last edited by jkflow; 08-19-2022 at 06:08 PM.

I have had good success using SMC True Spec DV Extreme 11.1V 5200mAh 135c in my Sonicwake V1 and V2 so far.

The SMC SRD speedrun and drag packs. They just came out with the new V3 version, designed with RC cars and FE boats in mind.. I'm sure they sold out in the first few hours after they released it, they always do. In my opinion these are right up there with the best packs in the world. I had the V1 and V2 packs for my speedrun cars, they would consistently outperform any other packs I used in terms of punch and less voltage sag. Also they aren't huge and heavy batteries, the balance of size vs power is just right. I just ordered two V3 5300mah 6s packs, I'm expecting them to be amazing. For budget packs, you cant beat CNHL, they constantly have sales also so you end up getting great batteries for great prices.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just bought an SMC V3 4S 8600 pack. They still have them listed.

Lohring Miller

Did just see this today, they look massive
    Uk SAW record holder

HRB Graphene are great batteries, very good surprise .

Temp 48254..JPG

the RCgroups test data shows that nearly all batteries output the same peak and average thrust, and the same average amps. What the difference is in the end is run time. and even that its not factoring energy density, weight, even mah rating. the pack sizes and weight are different across the board here.

this matters much more for airplanes and drones because they're highly limited on space and weight. Boaters can fit bigger packs. we arent as constrained with battery space. so you can literally just buy larger, less expensive batteries and get the same thing as SMC's. The bigger the battery the less voltage sag and the longer the run time. so if you can get 200% more mah for less cost you will be better off. unless your racing limited on mah rating. which as this test proves is silly because the ratings are actually garbage.

175A load data
    2023 175A LPB-Weight Ranking (1).jpg

I invite you to check out a new, but long lasting brand that I have brought back over this last year, Dinogy-Giant Power. I personally used them for years, set IMPBA boat records with them, started flying again, and purchased some, realized how good they still were, and when the business went up for sale, I scooped it up. Unfortunately, due to the pressure SMC has put on everyone, and the unrealistic prices, I am trying to move a lot of inventory, and offering 40% or more off of my current inventory, then will re assess the market and how to move forward from there. The 175a load data that Bande1 posted is actually before we had the Dinogy 80c Ultra tested, and it jumped up to the 6th spot on that list, and we did it with less mah, and 4.2v a cell vs 4.35v a cell. So, with that being said, if you want a quality, long cycle life (200+ cycles) check us out. I have been a long standing boating community member, and owner of ML Boatworks, which carries a great reputation in our boating groups, so give Dinogy a chance, you will not be disappointed. Thanks,

Mike Luszcz
    www.mlboatworksrc.com
    www.dinogylipos.com
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by HongRC View Post
    The best lipo battery is a hot topic.
    Due to the rising cost of production materials, we spend more on batteries. The budget battery brand seems more worthy of our consideration.
    On this topic, I delved into some of the brands that are commonly found in the market. Then I wrote this article ( Among Us Best Lipo Battery Brand for 2022) and did a ranking about them.

Which do you vote for? Welcome to discuss.
    Gens ace lipo batteries are known for their high discharge rates, stable performance, and long cycle life. They are a popular choice among both hobbyists and professional users.