Thread: Spektrum G2 battery-

Question Spektrum G2 battery-

I am looking into adding more spektrum batteries to my sonicwake 36" V2 boat.
    I have 2 5000mah 11.1v 3s 100c now.

I just saw the Spektrum 5000mah 22.2v 6s 100c battery- price wise not far off
    from each other- so money is not key.

Will I loose power/runtime if I go with the single 22.2v 100c 5000mah battery?

I am new and have no idea- I just see videos where people are running a sinle
    battery and wonder- is one better than two? or vise versa.

Thank you

I'm no expert, but I'm add my "2 cents". In terms of runtime, you should have exactly the same, as long as capacity & 'C' are the same (ie. two 3S 100C 5000mAh vs one 6S 100C 5000mAh). However, two 3S packs will dissipate heat better than a single 6S pack...so, you could (possibly) see an increase in post-run battery temps.

An option you might consider would be to use two 6S of lower capacity (say 3000mAh), running them in 'parallel' (as opposed to 'series'), which would slightly increase runtime. As the packs would be smaller, they wouldn't retain heat as much, thus they could run cooler than a single 5000mAh 6S pack. Not saying they *will* run cooler...only that they *could* run cooler. In the near future, to I'll be putting this to the test in one of my V1 SonicWakes.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Quote Originally Posted by Hasselbrook View Post
    I am looking into adding more spektrum batteries to my sonicwake 36" V2 boat.
    I have 2 5000mah 11.1v 3s 100c now.

I just saw the Spektrum 5000mah 22.2v 6s 100c battery- price wise not far off
    from each other- so money is not key.

Will I loose power/runtime if I go with the single 22.2v 100c 5000mah battery?

I am new and have no idea- I just see videos where people are running a sinle
    battery and wonder- is one better than two? or vise versa.

Thank you

Get 2 3s packs of 5000 and run in series (together) a much better option. Sometimes a single 6 pack tends to have cell or two out of balance, if you loose a cell on a 6 pack it becomes a pain to rewire to a 5 cell. I currently run several 3cell 6000mah along with some 5000 and 5450, all dual 3 cell on my sonicwake v1 and is just perfect