Thread: 6s or 5s in Blackjack 42

Default 6s or 5s in Blackjack 42

Im interested in running a pair of 6S or 5s batteries in my blackjack 42. Does anyone have a picture example of two 6S or 5s batteries hooked up with a loop connector and a parallel connector?

From OSE's own wiring page.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yes thx Tbone but the blackjack has two ec5 connectors coming off the ESC. I think the loop goes on one ESC connector and then I hook the two batteries in parallel to the other ESC connector

From the pics I see on the net, the batteries are connected in Series, not parallel.
    If t
    here us a wire that goes from the positive on one battery directly to the negative of the other, then THAT is a series connection.
    I think this is what you have:
    Capture.JPG

connecter_1 + connecter_2 = Voltage seen by the ESC
    3s + 3s = 6s for the ESC.

There is no way to safely connect a 6S battery in this wiring config and not exceed the 8S maximum input voltage
    If you want to use 6S packs, then you will have to cut and splice some wires into a parallel connection
    Cheetah, Super Rio, (Mod) Starship (Mod and sold),

Yea I have a loop connector and a parallel connector to use my 6s and 5s batteries. You are showing a diagram of an ESC that has one plug coming off of it. A black jack 42 has two female EC5 plugs coming off the ESC hence the need to bind one of them then hook the two 6s or 5s batteries in parallel to the other EC5 connector. This is how it was explained to me on the phone this morning with Horizon Hobby and the my local hobby town when I bought the plug adapters.

So simply plug your EC5 loop into one connector (thus making the still empty connector a single) and wire in a parallel harness to that still empty connector as shown.

Honestly, if that is the way you're going to run the boat, you should pull the ESC, cut off the EC5's, and solder in the connectors you intend to run (which may be EC5) in a parallel fashion, in order to eliminate unnecessary wiring and connectors which will only decrease performance and reliability.

Yes TBone that is how I intend to do it. Boat came with EC5s and I’ve bought batteries with EC5s. I bought two parallel connectors because I also intend to run it with two 4s batteries on each side.