Thread: Blackjack 42 Tuning

Default Blackjack 42 Tuning

I recently purchased this blackjack 42? and Im trying to tune it in. I watched a lot of videos and read a lot of threads. Im running it on 8S with my batteries all the way forward. Had a x447 on it for this run. I also have 24 ounces of weight in the front. Ill include a picture of the rudder and outdrive position. Cavitation seemed to be minimal but the back end was wiggling from side to side at times like it wanted to get squirly. Any ideas what this could be from? I have a video but it was giving me an error code when I kept trying to post it. Thx for any suggestions
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jlov; 05-09-2022 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlov View Post
    I recently purchased this blackjack 42? and Im trying to tune it in. I watched a lot of videos and read a lot of threads. Im running it on 8S with my batteries all the way forward. Had a x447 on it for this run. I also have 24 ounces of weight in the front. Ill include a picture of the rudder and outdrive position. Cavitation seemed to be minimal but the back end was wiggling from side to side at times like it wanted to get squirly. Any ideas what this could be from? I have a video but it was giving me an error code when I kept trying to post it. Thx for any suggestions
    Hey take a look at Ironclad rc on YouTube, he has a wealth of information on this boat.
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Ok will do. I think I’ve seen one of his videos on rudder positioning

Quote Originally Posted by Jlov View Post
    I recently purchased this blackjack 42? and Im trying to tune it in. I watched a lot of videos and read a lot of threads. Im running it on 8S with my batteries all the way forward. Had a x447 on it for this run. I also have 24 ounces of weight in the front. Ill include a picture of the rudder and outdrive position. Cavitation seemed to be minimal but the back end was wiggling from side to side at times like it wanted to get squirly. Any ideas what this could be from? I have a videobut it was giving me an error code when I kept trying to post rocket bot royale it. Thx for any suggestions
    Ironclad RC's channel is helpful in tuning Blackjack 42.

I had this issue with the wobble. It was like I was turning the steering very quickly from side to side a little. I fixed the problem by turning the gyro feature off, which was on by default.
    Instructions to do this are in the receiver manual.

Quote Originally Posted by zeldau View Post
    This newspaper's journalism is of an exceptionally high caliber, and I like the writers' willingness to explore intricate topics in depth.
    ??? I have no idea what your reply is meant to mean. Did you post it by mistake?