Thread: Inflatable Kayak Recovery Boat

Default Inflatable Kayak Recovery Boat

I have a 46" boat with an open design which fills up with water when you capsize, where it then floats vertically. It's quite heavy to pull out compared to the fully sealed type of boats which you just turn over.

Haven't used it in a long time as I no longer have a dinghy which I'd would use to right the boat... I don't have any other other reliable retrieval, which is necessary given I would operate it on one of the Great Lakes.

I'm considering buying an inflatable kayak and then realized I may able be able to use it to also retrieve my RC boat. This is the one I'm thinking of, which is a 2 person:

https://www.amazon.ca/Intex-Explorer...cx_mr_hp_atf_m

Thoughts? Would this be sufficient in retrieving my boat, or would it be too hard?

I can't speak on the quality of that particular inflatable kayak...but, as for using any sort of inflatable boat for rescuing RCs, not only is it an excellent idea, but one I've seen others also doing. Whenever I head to Las vegas, I usually bring RC's with me, almost always including at least one boat. NAMBA District 19 runs races at Sunset Park Lake (man-made lake specifically for RC boats), which is open for anyone to use. There's a retired gentleman who goes there on a regular basis, we used to hold several National Speed records...and, the ONLY "rescue boat" he ever uses is an inflatable.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Nice. I have a singe person inflatable Kayak. They work great . I would suggest if you get one make sure to set it up at least once so you know how it all goes together. First time I used mine I didn't get all the bladders inflated . Was amusing an a bit scary because I thought I was going to sink the whole time I was rowing back to shore . I was sitting in a foot of water . It was a hell of a workout to say the least . LOL