Thread: P lim pursuit prop suggestions

Default P lim pursuit prop suggestions

Running the proboat 2000kv DYNM 3831 and 4s, with an Ose raider esc.
    Have a flooded stuffing tube and flexibility to raise/lower the strut.
    Not impressed with the m445?
    Thanks
    Last edited by Jesse J; 04-20-2022 at 01:34 PM.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Suggest ABC 1815-17. Same dia, a little more pitch, more efficient
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

You can probably get away with a 19 series but there's a risk recommending that without seeing it run first hand. Pursuits can get weird on ya with strut dept. Prop size can vary based on that depth. What works on mine might be crap on yours. Don't worry about what everybody else runs. Find your sweet spot. I would start with Ron's recommendation....... check heat. Try a 1914-17-45.....check for heat. Try a 1915-17-45 and hold yer breath the whole time it's running.....then check fer flames. That ole' chestnut.

If you over heat the 150 they usually wont cooperate for you anymore. It's like injuring a bird. They still fly but not as well as before.
    Noisy person

Sweet, thanks guys. Agree on the setup specific prop preference.
    If I get a vid this weekend I will post for comments.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I still have two Pursuit. Fun boat.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    You race p lim mono?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Hey, Terry, Don and I are going to Atlanta this weekend. Sorry, we'll miss you and Ty. Running OSE Raider in P-lim mono, but bringing an old Pursuit as backup.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

Curious, are you running 4s parallel, single 4s, or 2 2s in series?

For sport running, a single 4S. For racing, two 4S in parallel.

Thanks I'm a little new to the hobby. figuring things out. What mah when running parallel would you run? Sorry to move away from topic

Who are you asking?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Sorry Jesse, last post on your prop thread. RC W, I like 8000mah on p- lim and 10000 on p.

Thanks zooma. Sorry to hijack your thread for a second Jesse.

I still race limited mono all the time. I have more boats than common sense.

Lately I'm racing a Raider in limited. They're really good for limited IMO. I've raced that on multiple battery combos. 2s6500's in series is nice. 4s 3300's in parallel is nice. Tomorrow I'll be testing a single 4s6200. My Raider is on it's last leg. It's been hit too many times. For our last race I dropped back to a one off Wildthing that Mike cut for me. That thing is fast but I prefer the stability of the Raider. I might rebuild the Delta 29 and try that. I keep learning, making mistakes, learn from those, don't learn from other mistakes, make more mistakes. Such is the life of a racer. Makes it more fun. If they're all perfect we'll be bored to tears.

Pretty bummed we're not making the trip to Atlanta his year. I just can't be gone from Michigan even over night right now.
    Noisy person

Thanks Terry, what motor and prop are you running in your raider? I may give that a try..
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Back around to what I was saying about different props on different setups.

My boat will take a 1915 on a 2000 but others in our club with the same setup are running 1914, 1815, one guy runs one of those crazy three blade with the willow looking blades. We're rarely more than a half lap apart between us. Figure somewhere in the 18 to 19 range and fiddle with it. If the smoke comes out you found the edge. Newland always says I give terrible advice. Waiting for smoke is the expensive way to find out how much prop your boat can take.

Never just assume some idiot on the web......like myself........can 100% get your setup right with never seeing your boat, your wiring, your center of gravity, your turn fins, how sharp your edges are. My favorite is "that will work all day long". Not trying to sound preachy Jesse. I just figured there were guys that read and don't post. They may not already think this way. Baby steps are cheaper.

I would "predict" an 1815 on most limited boats with a 2k motor will work unless it's super wet or binding. Estimate! My best guess with ZERO data. Nobody take what I just typed as gospel please. You still need to do the ole'..... run it for 2 laps......then check for heat dance before you totally commit to any setup. You should do that at least. I've had setups myself where "well....I just know that will work". Only to have to paddle out to figure out to the fire that's melting through the deck of my boat. Dang it! It's like watching a pile of money burn.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Hey, Terry, Don and I are going to Atlanta this weekend. Sorry, we'll miss you and Ty. Running OSE Raider in P-lim mono, but bringing an old Pursuit as backup.
    Hey Ron,

Good seeing you guys again in ATL.
    I won a $50 GC for OSE - think I may apply it toward a Raider 34.
    Thinking about the glass vs carbon...any thoughts on that?
    My Pursuit did pretty good - just want to try something else.
    FE Newbie - But I'm getting there!

I never thought to look at the stiffness difference between the glass and carbon versions. The carbon Raider is about 4 oz lighter. So $12.50 an oz. haha
    Noisy person

Brannon,

Well done at the races this weekend. Not only is the carbon lighter, but it doesn't break up in a crash. Worth the extra $$. My Raider was plagued from the start. Friday it broke a shaft, and my cherished high-rake 3 blade prop went to the bottom. Was not very competitive after that. In the third round I must have bent a turn fin when I bumped Don Wollard, so in the fourth round I dropped out with handling problems. I have found the Raider 34 to be more stable at speed than the old Pursuit.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

My first heat with my Raider was in Atlanta. Got blasted by a horrible lane violation in turn one. Giant gash in the bottom from the first run. Ugh. It's been hit a bunch of times now. Bottom is a deeesaster. I'm in that weird spot now. Do I buy another, try to make it better, try something else? Pull something out of the bone yard? I haven't decided. The Delta 29 may get the nod.
    Noisy person

/////
    Ron - The Villages, FL

Thanks all, very worthy chatter for a great class.
    So I took the pursuit out and tried a 1815-23-50 /3 prepped by the snowman, and clocked a very loose 50 mph. I had my castle mamba monster x8s with data logging and it read peaks just under 150 amps. Good to go with Ose raider!!

Then Terry’s comment about plim raider sent me into the garage swapping motors. I tried the existing p mono setup with the same proboat motor with the same 1815 prop and.. now I’m gonna sell all my other plim boats and do just the raider!! It was super windy, but the “extinction event” as I call her, was righteous!!
    Last edited by Jesse J; 04-26-2022 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Typo
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    Thanks all, very worthy chatter for a great class.
    So I took the raider out and tried a 1815-23-50 /3 prepped by the snowman, and clocked a very loose 50 mph. I had my castle mamba monster x8s with data logging and it read peaks just under 150 amps. Good to go with Ose raider!!

Then Terry’s comment about plim raider sent me into the garage swapping motors. I tried the existing p mono setup with the same proboat motor with the same 1815 prop and.. now I’m gonna sell all my other plim boats and do just the raider!! It was super windy, but the “extinction event” as I call her, was righteous!!
    Well, Jesse, that's the prop that I lost. You are on the right track. For P, I've switched to the Seaducer 34P hull. Unfortunately I had a couple of DNFs due to bad epoxy joints on the motor mount and servo.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Sorry for the high jack but is there a picture of the bottom of a Radier? I've looked and cannot find a picture???
    Nortavlag Bulc