Thread: Helion Rivos/ volantex vector 70 motor question

Default Helion Rivos/ volantex vector 70 motor question

I have a stock helion Rivos (volantex vector 70 knockoff) and the brushed motor and esc have both gone out. I happened upon the ose raider 6s 90a and will be purchasing one as it appears that should work perfectly for the boat. The question is what would be the best kv rating to use with a 3s setup? I know the brushless version is an 1800kv, but I saw the rating scale on the webpage showing 2450kv 3650 being the suggested for 3s in a deep v boat that size and weight. If I were to go with the higher kv motor would it cause any longer term issues? Or would it be best to stick with the lower kv motor and potentially play with 4s and 6s down the road to see how well they work? It's currently only set up for single pack but that should not be difficult to modify.

Thank you in advance.

I have a volantex vector sr48 I upgraded. I run a 3000kv outrunner on 3s. Don't have any issues. 30mm prop.

Oh, the rivos is 24". I also have a 24" delta force mini sniper that I run a 3000kv in runner on 3s. With the 90amp ESC you could probably run 4s on the 2450kv motor but it is pushing it at about 36000 rpm and may cause overheating. I would go with a smaller prop at 4s, maybe 32mm. 3s you could prop up a bit. 34-40mm.

I'll have to check prop size on it. Thank you. It's purely experimental at this point, the boat was on clearance for $75 and I figured the internals would be garbage (they are) so now it's time to play.