Thread: 17" Scratch Cat Build Questions

Default 17" Scratch Cat Build Questions

Hey guys,
    I've been lurking here for a few months, looking at forums and seeing what I can learn from you guys. And I'm starting a new scratch build in the near future, I'm starting to get some parts together so I figured I'd pick your guy's brain. Like the title says I'm doing a 17" Cat, planning to run it on 2s-3s with a 2845 3300kv Leopard Hobby motor I have lying around. Target speed is somewhere in the neighbor hood of 35mph. The hardware I am thinking of using is an Octura Offset Mini Strut System, .098 cable, TFL 432 prop, cheap ~10kg servo, and 50a ESC. If there is anything I am missing or something that needs changing please let me know. Also anything I should pay extra attention to please let me know.
    Thanks
    -James

I would drop the prop size down a bit with the 3300 kv motor if running 3s. Might overheat or trip low voltage. Might be ok on 2s. Is the servo a micro servo? Full size prob too heavy and big. Other things sound good. Good luck

What does the hull look like?
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

I designed and laser cut the plans myself and haven't had to time to put it together yet but it is loosely resembles the miss geico 17" cat. And I'll go with a 30mm prop rather then a 32mm.

Try both..your boat might be fine with the 32. I've had those issues with 32mm prop on 17" mono but never had a cat so it's just a possibility.