Thread: ProBoat JetJam Brushless - Winter 2021 Single Post Build Thread

Default ProBoat JetJam Brushless - Winter 2021 Single Post Build Thread

I actually posted this already on my High Deep-V Thread but it's probably appropriate here too:

This is a quick and dirty of how I put together my brushless jet jam (scoots pretty good, FAR more fun than stock!)

Micro Proboat 3 wire servo $10 (from a different micro model, the jet jam has a 5 pin that only works with it's original esc)
    Team Associated 14B RX/TX Set $0 (run Spektrum in all my cars, so it was a new takeoff)
    Stock Blackjack 24" 30A 2-3s LiPo ESC $0 (EC3 connector stock)
    Stock Battery w/EC3 Connector soldered on $3 (plan on buying a real battery for this, stock doesn't last long)
    Brass junction cut and molded as a jet-drive water feed $3 (on port side jet-nozzle wall)
    Surpass 2845 3800KV $22 on ebay in an OSE sourced $9 Leopard 28x40mm Water Jacket
    (stock motor mounts!)
    OSE Tubing and Bulkhead Fittings $14 (inlet)
    Stock Blackjack 24" OEM water exit installed to Starboard "O" through Proboat graphics $0
    Gutted Jet inlet Grate (smoothed and mild inlet ported with round files then sandpaper) $0

Thanks for reading! $61.00 spent!
    Last edited by autolex; 03-22-2022 at 06:52 PM.
    DYMotorshop 29er (BUILD) | ProBoat BlackJack 24 (52.2mph) | ProBoat Stealthwake 23 (31.9mph) | Noodle Recovery Barge (6.6mph) | ProBoat JetJam (BUILD)

I was able to find a sufficient battery at my local hobby shop for under $30

DYMotorshop 29er (BUILD) | ProBoat BlackJack 24 (52.2mph) | ProBoat Stealthwake 23 (31.9mph) | Noodle Recovery Barge (6.6mph) | ProBoat JetJam (BUILD)

Cool. I got one of these when they first came out, and found it was almost uncontrollable at the stock speeds in the pool, plus the impeller was constantly cavitating. Are you able to actually use all of the upgraded power?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

When you cut the grate out it works fine. Mine was nearly molded closed still in some areas (cleaning those up and thinning the grate blades helped).

It still cavitates like crazy if you try to make it, I try to keep prop speeds down by running it on 2S.

It is a fun little project.
    Last edited by autolex; 03-25-2022 at 01:23 AM.

This was on the 2000mah 50C 2S Battery today (several seconds of full throttle steering with one hand)

Way too fast for a pool but fun to bash around on creeks and lakes in!

Proboat is totally missing a demographic here! PUT A JETSKI BODY on it!

Last edited by autolex; 03-25-2022 at 04:19 PM.

Will it still self right?
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

moreso than stock.