Thread: Strut, stuffing tube question

Angry ESC Problem

Brand new Hobbywing 180a version3. No power from esc to receiver. What could be the problem.? Battery full charge. Receiver works with external power. All the esc does is flash red and beep.
    Last edited by ken webb; 03-20-2022 at 07:38 PM.

Did you program the ESC? Did you remember to calibrate the throttle (which is probably the cause)?

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Can not calibrate the transmitter since the receiver is not getting any power.

Reversed polarity on the plug from the ESC into the receiver?

Sometimes you have to dial the throttle trim lower than the middle, for the ESC to get a signal to arm.

If it's not a Spektrum radio, the throttle throw has to be reversed at the transmitter switch.
    Ron - The Villages, FL

https://castawaysboatworx.org/

I thought the esc was suppose to have bec. I used external power to receiver and esc now works. I'm confused. Is it ok to use external power?

Must be a problem with internal BEC. Yes, you can use external power to the receiver, but I would de-pin the red wire from the ESC to receiver plug. That must be done when the ESC's BEC is working properly and you want to use an external battery pack. Even though your BEC is not working, I still wouldn't trust the red wire being connected.

Honestly, if the ESC is new and under warranty, I would get it replaced.
    Vac-U-Tug Jr (13mph)

Thanks. Out of warranty. HW says 90 days. I'm over on that. I will eliminate the red pin.

ESC must be bad. Retried with external power. Worked for a few seconds then stopped. Now I'll try another esc.