Thread: My Sonicwake 36 V2 coming up to speed.

Default My Sonicwake 36 V2 coming up to speed.

New ProBoat Sonicwake 36 V2 Self-Righting Deep Vee. Unboxing and first look GPS runs coming soon. More to come on this one.

TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

First speed test 100% all box stock 53mph.

TFL Zonda (124mph), Miss Geico Zelos 36 (108mph), Veles 29 (91mph), Zelos Twin 36 (90mph), Miss Geico 29v3 (83.5mph), Sonicwake 36 V2 (83mph), Blackjack 42 (81mph), TFL Pursuit (79mph), UL-19 (75mph), Sonicwake 36 (73mph), Motley Crew (47.5mph), AquaCraft Rescue 17

Now time to put the dasboata prop on it. Thanks Chris!

Another quick outing.

Love all the work you do with instrumented testing! Keep it up man!
    DYMotorshop 29er (BUILD) | ProBoat BlackJack 24 (52.2mph) | ProBoat Stealthwake 23 (31.9mph) | Noodle Recovery Barge (6.6mph) | ProBoat JetJam (BUILD)

Have a 4S question for you. Obviously, the boat goes slower on 4S...but, in considering getting the V2 for my stepdad (I already have the V1, on 6S), running on 4S will be more than "fast enough" for him...but, what are the highest capacity pair of 2S packs that will fit the V2 battery tray?

If I'm to get him the V2 (as a combined birthday/Xmas gift), I might (very slightly) upgrade the prop (for a minor speed increase...but, MOST importantly, I'd like for him to be able to get the longest (4S) run-time possible.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Quote Originally Posted by autolex View Post
    Love all the work you do with instrumented testing! Keep it up man!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Have a 4S question for you. Obviously, the boat goes slower on 4S...but, in considering getting the V2 for my stepdad (I already have the V1, on 6S), running on 4S will be more than "fast enough" for him...but, what are the highest capacity pair of 2S packs that will fit the V2 battery tray?

If I'm to get him the V2 (as a combined birthday/Xmas gift), I might (very slightly) upgrade the prop (for a minor speed increase...but, MOST importantly, I'd like for him to be able to get the longest (4S) run-time possible.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    I have not seen a single 4s lipo or (2) 2s lipos that wouldn't fit in the boat. The tray is huge. So get the most mAh you want because you won't have any fitment issues at all in this tray.

Quote Originally Posted by MADRCER View Post
    Thanks!

I have not seen a single 4s lipo or (2) 2s lipos that wouldn't fit in the boat. The tray is huge. So get the most mAh you want because you won't have any fitment issues at all in this tray.
    Got ya...thanks.

Decided not to wait another 6-7 months...I had to go to Friendly Hobbies (Las Vegas) a few days ago, to get some paint for the Tamiya Super Avante TD4 I'm building, and, while I was there, I noticed that had the new Traxxas Sledge on display. I almost bought one, except that a) that weren't allowed to 'release' any until 3/31 (which was still 2 days away at that point), and b) they didn't have the blue one in stock. However, in looking at the Sledge, I also noticed they had three SonicWake V2s sitting there...and, one of them happened to be a block one. Let's just say, my bank account is now close to $500 "lighter" than it was when I woke that morning.

As for batteries, I ordered four 2S 6000mAh 100C packs from Power Hobby...and, the following morning, I had an email from them, letting know they had an "inventory error", and that they were actually out of the 6000mAh 100C packs...but, they offered to 'upgrade' my order (no charge) to the 9000mAh 120C packs. Since the battery cases are the same dimensions, and because they are 2S (hardcase) packs, and not 3S, I said "sounds good to me". My stepdad doesn't room his current boat (Recoil 17") at a constant full-throttle, I know he will run the SonicWake in the same matter. As such, I'm confident he won't cause the batteries, ESC, or motor, to overheat (considering the packs are almost double the capacity of the "recommended" Spektrum packs).

If the 5000mAh packs give 4-5min of constant "full throttle" running, I'm guessing he should get approx 10min on each pair of 9000mAh packs. If the batteries arrive by Tuesday, we'll be able to take it out for it's maiden runs before I head back to the SF Bay Area (and, hopefully, I'll get some drone footage).

Another decent fast pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Decided not to wait another 6-7 months...I had to go to Friendly Hobbies (Las Vegas) a few days ago, to get some paint for the Tamiya Super Avante TD4 I'm building, and, while I was there, I noticed that had the new Traxxas Sledge on display. I almost bought one, except that a) that weren't allowed to 'release' any until 3/31 (which was still 2 days away at that point), and b) they didn't have the blue one in stock. However, in looking at the Sledge, I also noticed they had three SonicWake V2s sitting there...and, one of them happened to be a block one. Let's just say, my bank account is now close to $500 "lighter" than it was when I woke that morning.

As for batteries, I ordered four 2S 6000mAh 100C packs from Power Hobby...and, the following morning, I had an email from them, letting know they had an "inventory error", and that they were actually out of the 6000mAh 100C packs...but, they offered to 'upgrade' my order (no charge) to the 9000mAh 120C packs. Since the battery cases are the same dimensions, and because they are 2S (hardcase) packs, and not 3S, I said "sounds good to me". My stepdad doesn't room his current boat (Recoil 17") at a constant full-throttle, I know he will run the SonicWake in the same matter. As such, I'm confident he won't cause the batteries, ESC, or motor, to overheat (considering the packs are almost double the capacity of the "recommended" Spektrum packs).

If the 5000mAh packs give 4-5min of constant "full throttle" running, I'm guessing he should get approx 10min on each pair of 9000mAh packs. If the batteries arrive by Tuesday, we'll be able to take it out for it's maiden runs before I head back to the SF Bay Area (and, hopefully, I'll get some drone footage).

Cnhl has a 9400mah 4 cell that gives pretty good run time on the sonicwake and cheaper than powerhobby.
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Quote Originally Posted by mappo View Post
    Cnhl has a 9400mah 4 cell that gives pretty good run time on the sonicwake and cheaper than powerhobby.
    They might be cheaper...and, I'll pass that info over to my stepdad (once I've done some research on the quality of those Cnhl packs)...but, only about 5 months too late, as those PowerHobby packs were ordered & received back at the beginning of April. Personally, I own wow a few packs from PowerHobby (over a dozen), and I've never had any problems with them. While more as good as SMC used to be, I'd say they're better than SMC is now...and, they cost less.