Thread: Spektrum smart lipo ?

Default Spektrum smart lipo ?

Has any one used the the SPEKTRUM smart lipos for boats ? How do they compare to other high end lipos ? Rergards Andris Golts.

Not tried them, but also they are only high end in price and features. Most LiPo sellers offer packs with better power and energy density.

The "100C" are capable of 30C and are far too expensive for a 30C battery, that level of C rate bullsh!ttery doesn't sit well with me either, I get it that no LiPo sellers tell the truth about their C rates as there is so much BS out there that if anyone did they would look bad in comparison to all the BS and get very few sales, but inflating it by over 3X too much IMO and is just ripping off the unaware.

I am unsure what to make of the smart tech, the racer part of me hates the idea of carrying the discharger and balancer part of my charger inside my boat and there is no way that I would use them in a race boat, but for my fun running boats not having to worry about draining unused packs to storage voltage could be convenient. One thing that I cant find and would need to before buying any smart batteries and another charger for them is the current draw of the smart board when at storage. With a normal battery if i put it in storage and come back to it 6 months later it will have self discharged a little but wont be too low but can I do the same with a smart battery or will the parasitic draw from the smart electronics mean that I have to recharge it to storage every couple of months? if so then it is way less convenient than a normal LiPo that I only have to store once and when it is fresh in my mind.
    Paul Upton-Taylor, Greased Weasel Racing.

Thanks Paul i will stick to my HRBS of Amazon for now . Regards Andris Golts.

I'm agreement with everything above. I do have several of the SMART LiPos...but, they are for other vehicles (Losi Baja Rey 1/8 trophy truck, and Blade 230 S Smart helicopter). For my 'fun' boats, I'm very picky...and, for my race boats, I'm extremely picky...of the batteries I use, perky because of the whole "lying about 'C' ratings matter, but also because I don't use "hard" packs in any of my boats, other than my Shockwave (which I 'converted' into a rescue boat).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place