First post, so i apologize if I'm not in the right spot! I have a couple of questions for anyone that messes with these old Dumas tunnel boats, though! I'd like to do a small resto/update on this one but I'm not really sure where to start.

For starters I'll show you the boat:

ueDIwTX.jpg6npmQcf.jpg3zCRd6F.jpgtuVjZh3.jpg

She looks rough, but overall, the hull seems to be in very good shape. Other than the missing cover and improvised waterproof lid I think she'll clean up great! The K&B outboard is faired a bit less well but I'm sure it would be possible to restore with some hard work.

My questions so far are:
1.) Is there a specific method I should use to strip off the paint from the fiberglass? (this is my most pressing concern so far) I'm leaning towards solvents rather than abrasives, but I want to make sure what i use will not damage the hull.
2.) I'd like to swap the power system to LiPo, but I would also like to keep the hull in its original config as well, so i want to stick with an outboard motor. Are there specific motor/mount setups anyone that more-or-less match the power/config of a 3.5 K&B like the one on this boat? I'm looking at https://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pr...d=ose-80915-v2 for the mount, but selecting a motor for a larger boat like this is outside of my area of expertise!
3.) Does anyone know the model/name of this Dumas hull kit? I'd love to try and find a cowl for it, or at the very least put my eyes on the look of the original so i can design/3D print one.

Thanks for any thoughts you guys might have!