Thread: 2022 Michigan Cup

Default 2022 Michigan Cup

Hi All, we are back. MMEU will be hosting the 2022 Michigan Cup, testing June 2nd from noon to 6pm, racing June 3rd to the 5th. Sign up on rcracingevents.com. OSE will be the title sponsor, Thanks Steve. There will be a High Points Champion and a Michigan Cup (team) Champion. This year we will be awarding a Mike Paganelli memorial Mr. Offshore award (for the most points earned in the 3 offshore classes), there will be a perpetual trophy along with an individual award.

I hope to see some new along with some old friends there.

Tom
    Caution: Does not play well with others!

Hi Tom. We shall see...
    Nortavlag Bulc

Hi Ray, we've raced locally the last 2 years but haven't been able to put on a Michigan Cup, so I'm looking forward (at least for now) to having one this year. It would be good to see you and Wendy and Jay and Deb. I hope youz can make it. I did manage to get to the Can Am in 2021 but disappointed that there were no electric classes! Oh well, maybe this year things will be different as several guys expressed interest in going to the Can Am. We'll see.....

Good morning Tom. We will be there. Deb broke her ankle, gets a walking boot next week so I don't think we will need to have a dual with ray for the the front row seat. will have full floatilla !!
    Cheer's, Jay.

Hey add some Big boat Classes. Open Cat or Open Mono would be great Sunday. "I miss Mike"

Quote Originally Posted by photohoward1 View Post
    Hey add some Big boat Classes. Open Cat or Open Mono would be great Sunday. "I miss Mike"
    Nobody has them anymore. We do know our usual suspects pretty well. Right down to what's in their fleets. Nobody up here runs over Q besides a few scale guys.
    Noisy person

S & T Cat
    Or open Cat

My Self, Howard, Tom B., Jaike5, Doby,

Larry
    Last edited by TRUCKPULL; 02-18-2022 at 08:17 PM.
    Past NAMBA- P Mono -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Past NAMBA- P Sport -1 Mile Race Record holder
    Bump & Grind Racing Props -We Like Em Smooth & Wet

S&T cat would be great larry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have similar issues down here with not enough boats for a Q and above and too many different hull classes being built. A plain Open FE class gives anyone a shot and encourages larger builds. No one signs up no harm no foul. If numbers increase for any particular class then they can stand alone. A twin Q cat, T-Mono and a S hydro can make a king of the hill scenario fun for bragging rights.
    Mic
    P.S. hope to make an M-Cup race someday

Mic Halbrehder
    IMPBA 8656
    NAMBA 1414

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    My Self, Howard, Tom B., Jaike5, Doby,
    Baffer will likely be at the nitro nats. I don't think Jay runs over Q much anymore. Budget doesn't make these an easy choice. We haven't seen Einstein at a race in eons. 2014 maybe? Not even in Canada. Not a dig. Just a truth

One problem we've had with trying to squeak out entries to get a pet class out there is that on race day..........1 guy didn't get his done, one guy broke his rudder during open water, another guy puffed a cell, throw in a dead short cuz heck why not? Now there's maybe two boats and well they drove from timbuck two to race so out goes a two boat heat. For MMEU it's even more of a PIA. Often times a Cup team will have chosen this class for their Michigan Cup team points. Second round one of the two boat takes on water and the ESC is dead. Now what? We can't drop it now. Woohoo! Run one lap. Free cup points! Yes this has really happened.

Off topic but we did a Q+ class (2008 I think). Q to T voltage. Run what ya brung. Back before LiPo. We pulled everyone off the shore line as I knew the heat was going to be crazy fast. Dangerous even. Doug Junior had brought an Eagle SGX with an S setup. Lapped all the other boats by lap three. They decided to bail and just watch him go as soon as they saw he was lapping them. He banged off a 59 second heat. Made the hair on my neck stand up. On NiMh! Holy crap. NAMBA denied the record as it was a mixed heat. Sensible but we all knew what we had seen.
    Noisy person

I added 2 classes, Open Electric Cat/Mono and P Crackerbox/Jersey Skiff. Both classes will only be run if numbers are met and neither class will count for Special Awards (Michigan cup, High points Champion, etc.)

Tom could you please add my to the "Open Electric Cat/Mono" on day #3

Thank you
    Larry Jaques

done

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Baffer will likely be at the nitro nats. I don't think Jay runs over Q much anymore. Budget doesn't make these an easy choice. We haven't seen Einstein at a race in eons. 2014 maybe? Not even in Canada. Not a dig. Just a truth
    You speak the truth...no dig taken :)

Thanks Tom. Hay on race say if we don?t have 3 boats don?t care if we drop. I may cut out early. My daughter is do that weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay
    Are you not going to run your My insane G3, 10s 2p - 44" hull
    In Open ??

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by TRUCKPULL View Post
    Jay
    Are you not going to run your My insane G3, 10s 2p - 44" hull
    In Open ??

Larry
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by jaike5 View Post
    Nope.
    Why -are you scared?

Larry

With you on the pond....I sure am.

What you don't think you can stay in front of me?

Hey Racers,
    The Michigan Cup is rapidly approaching and many of you still have not signed up.
    This is the Premeir event in our annual FE racing circles and slow signups really
    must make it difficult for Terry, Tom and the whole MMEU club to properly plan the event.

If you have never attended you must know that the approximately 10 acre pond site
    nestled on a beautiful pristine lake which is home to the Leonard Elks Club.
    Yes, there is food and refreshments available most of the venue as well as an evening
    happy hour bar and some really good eats. The Elks club itself has a large open indoor
    dining area as well as an approximately 40' x 40' outdoor deck that overlooks the pits,
    drivers stand, and gives everyone full view of the racing while eating, drinking, or just
    hanging out. This is always one of my favorite races of the year......especially this
    year since Covid postponed the event for each of the last 2 years.

So let's talk it up and make this year's Michigan Cup as big as all of the previous
    10 years +
    TenShock Brushless / Pro Marine
    NEU Motors / Rico Racing/ Castle Creations
    2023 NAMBA & 2018 IMPBA FE High Points "National Champion"

Hi All,
    The Michigan Cup was just a little over a month away and with the lack of signup (only 7 at the time of this writing) we are canceling the Cup! There are a lot of things that are involved in putting on a race, trophies need to be ordered, insurance and permits need to be in place, at the Elks we need to install the course and build the race stand (along with removing them after the race is done). There is just not enough time or people signed up to justify running the Michigan Cup. Sorry.
    We are looking at possibly having a 2 day Shoot out at our club pond, running just P-Limited, P, Q, and Scales. I know that several of you are looking forward to running the larger size boats but the pond will just not allow for more than 2 boats bigger than Q to run together.
    Tom

Hi Iam new to this forum just bought a SONICWAVE 36 V2. I live in Fenton Mi. on Lake Fenton run it on there some time, is there a club or a place RC boaters hang out in Mich.

There are two clubs that run on the pond at Ford Field Central Park in Shelby Township. Both clubs are dedicated to keeping it fun.

Mid Michigan Electric Unlimiteds is more FE racing focused. Great Lakes doesn't do any organized racing and they will running anything.

MMEU is there Wednesday evenings and Saturdays from 10 to 2:00. Great Lakes is there Tuesday evenings only.

Both clubs require membership to run on their days. MMEU's insurance requires membership with NAMBA in addition for insurance purposes.
    Noisy person