Thread: Sonicwake Trim Adjuster Plates

Default Sonicwake Trim Adjuster Plates

New guy here...
    Just bought the trim adjuster plates. When I mounted them up the screws were not long enough to touch the trim tabs. I bent the tabs up (took them off the boat first) and you can see the screws are now touching the tabs.

My question is where should the tabs be set?

Seems like the "factory" setting is tabs bent or, set to deflect, about 5mm below the hull.

Appreciate input.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Where the tabs should be set in the end is different for each boat. It's COG, stinger angle, prop lift, torque roll, etc etc.

A good starting point is all tabs parallel with the bottom of the hull, and adjust as needed from there.

My preference was for the RC Boatbitz trim tabs where you can adjust both inner and outer sides of each of the tabs. Mine are set with the outer tabs just slightly lower than the inner tabs which seems to help in cornering. They made a big difference over the stock tabs in keeping the boat on the water because the adjustment screws keep them from flexing.

Good advice given above - all tabs parallel with the bottom of the hull to start.