Thread: Old guy with an old Boat

Default Old guy with an old Boat

Had this boat over 30 years and starting to mock it up to be FE, I like over kill

P1060674.jpg

Nice looks like fun .

Made a few more changes, OSE 150 ESC, Leopard 4074 2000KV motor, OSE OS outboard with 443 prop running on 4S. This thing shoots out of the hole pointing to the moon with too much throttle, I think it could do a back flip LOL. Still needs more tuning but it's a blast so far and there's more speed in her still.

P1060676.jpg

Took her out today with a GPS and ran 46 mph with a 5000mah 4S battery, running weight was 7.9 pounds. It was a blast carving up the water today and will turn on a dime. The prop sits 1/4" below the rear pads so more speed might be in it after tuning then it's time for 6S and Super Geico prop.
    Last edited by Racingjake; 05-03-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Glad to see you having so much success with your nitro conversion. Lots of them don't work out as good as yours, but being an outboard probably has something to do with it. The fact that your having a blast, well that's what it's all about.

Quote Originally Posted by Panchothedog View Post
    Glad to see you having so much success with your nitro conversion. Lots of them don't work out as good as yours, but being an outboard probably has something to do with it. The fact that your having a blast, well that's what it's all about.
    Thanks, Back in the day when it was nitro powered I can't tell you how many times I had to go swim for it after it would just quit running LOL.

Took it out last week after raising the prop even with the bottom and it was moving. I think it was in the 50 mph range on 4S until it blew over doing cart wheels. Took about 10 min's to fish it out of the water and my water proof bag for the GPS wasn't water proof so no data. So in went a 4000mah 6S and getting to WOT was hard cause she was running so dry she wanted to fly LOL

Nice! I think that is a Lapcat. Loved mine. Nice heavy bullet proof layup. I like the motor in the first picture. "Tower of Power"!

Quote Originally Posted by Racingjake View Post
    Took her out today with a GPS and ran 46 mph with a 5000mah 4S battery, running weight was 7.9 pounds. It was a blast carving up the water today and will turn on a dime. The prop sits 1/4" below the rear pads so more speed might be in it after tuning then it's time for 6S and Super Geico prop.
    Be careful jumping to 6s. That will be a very large rpm jump and may be to much. If you have 5s I would go to that and you should pick up at least 10 mph