Thread: New 1/8 scale rules on batteries??

Default New 1/8 scale rules on batteries??

I guess I'm still confused on the new NAMBA rules for 1/8 scale batteries. The motor I get, 42mm by 105mm max size with an 860kv limit. Section 28 page 15 in the NAMBA rule book states 8s at 4.2v per cell, no LiHV. What if any are the limits on mah and or C rating since the rule book doesn't specify, that I can see anyway? I'm working on a boat at the moment and need to order some new batteries but would like to verify what I can order.

12000mah. 1/8 scale rule supplements electric rule.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

I can't make it out, what section and page is that? 12,000mah sounds a lot better than 6000mah and some extra weight to hold down that shovel nose sounds great. Thanks Oscar.

Hey Travis, section 28 page 14. Are you racing with us this year?

Oscar

Quote Originally Posted by oscarel View Post
    Hey Travis, section 28 page 14. Are you racing with us this year?

Oscar

I'm planning on it. I'm not sure I will make it to as many races as last year but I will make an effort. Thanks for the help Oscar.

Oh wow..this sent me looking at my NAMBA rule book...I don't think I ever got the 2021 update..?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetefroid View Post
    Oh wow..this sent me looking at my NAMBA rule book...I don't think I ever got the 2021 update..?
    I didn't either. It sounds like NAMBA is just going with the specs for class S boats, 8s and up to 12,000mah? If so that actually makes a lot of sense.

I assume we are just reverting to section 28(D)(1)(a) power specifications??

Nobody has ever checked mah on a boat since the rules were written back in 2008 or so. As far as I know that is. We read the label and hope it's truthful. It's a bad rule in truth. This is where IMPBA got it right.

S spec for 1/8 scale batteries. Much better and easier to make work with the remainder of your fleet. Still pretends any that owned 10s boats or race IMPBA don't exist but better than before.

The motor size limits encompassed the Neu 1527 but kept out the similar TP 4070. Around $235 difference between them. Little research went in to the proposal apparently.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    Nobody has ever checked mah on a boat since the rules were written back in 2008 or so. As far as I know that is. We read the label and hope it's truthful. It's a bad rule in truth. This is where IMPBA got it right.

S spec for 1/8 scale batteries. Much better and easier to make work with the remainder of your fleet. Still pretends any that owned 10s boats or race IMPBA don't exist but better than before.

The motor size limits encompassed the Neu 1527 but kept out the similar TP 4070. Around $235 difference between them. Little research went in to the proposal apparently.
    I'm glad to see that the batteries are no longer restricted. Now we just need it opened up for any 40mm motor you wanna run. I was also disappointed to see the TP 4070 was too long. Thanks for the response.

You could race IMPBA. Totally different set of rules. They run 10s any mah, have a motor list, and no prop size limit. There's a difference with the strut too. Can't remember exactly how that reads.
    Noisy person

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    You could race IMPBA. Totally different set of rules. They run 10s any mah, have a motor list, and no prop size limit. There's a difference with the strut too. Can't remember exactly how that reads.
    Trying to get it ready for the upcoming NAMBA D7 season. All my boats are built to NAMBA specs but looking into IMPBA doesn't sound like a terrible idea. Do you know of any IMPBA races in Texas?